There is always that one guy, CBS week 2 predictions

33 minutes ago, Bills92 said:

I have to admit this game scares me for various reasons

Firstly it's week 2.. and we really don't know how good or bad teams are, unless you're in the upper tier of teams (Pats) or the lower tier (Dolphins).

Secondly, and I know the sample size is small.. but we always have a hard time against the Giants and Eli.  I don't believe we have ever beaten them (Eli Giants)

Thirdly, this just seems like a let down game for the Bills.. Actually feels like early 2015 when we came off a big road win against the Dolphins and we came home to play the Giants, as favorites.. and they handled us.

Lastly, watching the offense of the Giants against the Cowboys..   Eli still seems to have something left in him, Engram can be a beast, and Saquan > Bell

Anyways, I really hope I'm wrong, and this new regime of Bills takes the tone of McBeane - never too high, never too low... and takes care of business

Go Bills

I agree. My betting instincts keep telling me NYG win this one. 

Its the beginning of the league year, and the league tries to keep teams as close to .500 as they can. (So that attendance doesn’t drop for any said team)

look for teams with an 0-1 record, to win at home this week. (yellow flags)

(This does not include Miami. However, I wouldn’t be shocked.)

its usually week 2 or 3 that all the strange upsets happen. 

50 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I'm really getting tired of people saying that the Bills don't deserve credit/respect until they get more wins...when our opponents are the JETS AND GIANTS.  I swear we could be closing out the season against an 0-15 Jets team and the Jets will still be given more respect for signing Bell and Mosley.  We could have a playoff spot locked up by then and we'll still get the excuses of "well they got to play the weak Dolphins twice, Bell was rusty, Barkley had a lash in his eye, and the rest of the teams all had the flu."

The amount of whining on this site, not just you, but so many crying that we don't get respect. Basically, everyone should just say great things about the Bills, and I mean everyone, always pick us to win, ignore 4 turnovers last week. Only see the good, ignore the not so good. Come on kids, grow up a bit here. Sit back and enjoy the ride. We have a team that's worth watching, stop with the tired old Buffalo refrain  'please love us' and enjoy the games. Football should be fun.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

A rematch of a game played before most of the current players were even born?

Yes.  Would you believe both franchises predate the life spans of the players currently on both teams?

Edited by Nextmanup

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Yes.  Would you believe both franchises predate the life spans of the players currently on both teams?

If Muhammad Ali's grandson and Joe Frazier's grandson fought for the heavyweight title, would you call it an Ali-Frazier rematch?

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

You're hopefully going to have to get over that.

I will easily get over it but will still be pissed that it took them way too long to get past their narratives about the Bills and Allen. None of these dopes ever want to give up their early season/last season narratives. I suspect this weekend's support has more to do with the Giants suckatude vs Dallas and their season last year/no OBJ etc rather than the Bills. For the 1st time in I don't know how long, I have hopes for the Bills and feel they have the talent to compete. I have no idea if it will bear out which is why this year to me is so fascinating. Having national figures hop on the Bills bandwagon in game 2 makes me want to feel that the contrarian opinon is the right one. Those guys are rarely right and reinforce each other's views of what is media sexy rather than what is really going on.

5 hours ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

hmmmm.  he had the bills last week

He did. Then you clicked his Prisco's Picks column and there he took the Jets. Check see if he didn't take the Giants there this week.

EDIT: He is consistent this week, taking the Bills.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete-priscos-nfl-week-2-picks-panthers-roll-over-buccaneers-packers-edge-vikings-behind-improved-defense/

3 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

If the Giants play well...I can see them beating us.

If they score more points than us. They will win. Think about it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot