Astro's 2020 Mock Draft-September Edition

OldTimeAFLGuy

Posted on September 12, 2019 by Dean Kindig

We’ve seen what we have against a mixed-bag Jets team. We’ll see better offensive lines, but we may not see better D-Lines or Safeties than we did in Week 1. While the Bills OL had trouble getting Dion Dawkins’ train –or truck, or mac ‘n’ cheese— started, the holes they opened for Singletary were convincing enough for Beane to hold off at least one round on a Tackle if he wanted to. The WRs got separation, and that’s likely the prime watchword for pass-catchers in the draft, which is rich in WRs and OTs. The Bills currently hold 9 picks with no RD7s at this time, and I currently have them drafting 20th.

http://billsmafia.com/2019/09/12/astros-bills-mock-draft-september-edition/?fbclid=IwAR1wVMn8_5UvWb-dq0a128ngcTXrD3bvnE69RuzWav7iLf-FsRz_NaoJ8_k

I like the draft overall. Both OT and WR early are good choices.  WR is deep in the draft and we still can upgrade.   Neshke is old, Ford a work in progress that can play guard  and Dawkins is debatable , his one glaring blunder versus the Jets was awfully hard to forget (yes one play one game) .     I think we need to go for another RB in the mid rounds.  Not too thrilled about a TE in the third, think we have more than enough.   Think we need more pure OLB versus an Edge but do Love Patrick Johnson from Tulane, great value pick is he is still there, saw him play and can play at the next level.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

I still think it's Jerry Jeudy. I read where they're comparing him to Amari Cooper and Julio Jones

Im assuming he's gone if we're picking at 20. Jeudy and Shenault will probably both be off the board if we are picking that late.

That's why I said best available.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

I hope not!! 

Kinda a double edged sword here... Astro has us drafting 20, which means we had a winning season but will miss out on the best WRs. But the Drafttek mock has us drafting Shenault at 12, so we get our guy but had a bad season.

I think I'll take winning and Lamb if I had to choose. :thumbsup:

Kinding knows his stuff.  He recognizes that Yetur Gross-Mattos in the third is a Bills fan fantasy, but it's nice to think about at least.  A comment in his fifth round pick, Patrick Johnson, caught my eye.  He stated that the Bills "reupped" Lawson.  Is that true?  The last I knew, Beane had declined to pick up the option for the fifth year on Lawson's rookie deal.   Did I miss something while I was on vacation?

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

Kinding knows his stuff.  He recognizes that Yetur Gross-Mattos in the third is a Bills fan fantasy, but it's nice to think about at least.  A comment in his fifth round pick, Patrick Johnson, caught my eye.  He stated that the Bills "reupped" Lawson.  Is that true?  The last I knew, Beane had declined to pick up the option for the fifth year on Lawson's rookie deal.   Did I miss something while I was on vacation?

No, Love Shack is still set to be a UFA at the end of the season as it stands today.

I can’t argue with any of these receivers as an additional option in the 1st. 

I think well we’ll be picking right around 20, maybe 22-24 if we’re lucky, as the OP stated. 

Personally i see Jeudy & Shenault definitely gone by #20. Probably another guy will be as well.

i asked Joe Marino on his pod which guy he felt was the best fit for Allen and our offense, and he thought Henry Ruggs III would be the top option (I asked him to exclude Jeudy bc I didn’t think we’d pick that high. 

He figured that having Brown & Ruggs on the outside would really be able to stretch out defenses. 

Im not sure. I’ll trust the scouting staff.  I like the picks they’ve made so far one Beane’s two drafts here. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I like the draft overall. Both OT and WR early are good choices.  WR is deep in the draft and we still can upgrade.   Neshke is old, Ford a work in progress that can play guard  and Dawkins is debatable , his one glaring blunder versus the Jets was awfully hard to forget (yes one play one game) .     I think we need to go for another RB in the mid rounds.  Not too thrilled about a TE in the third, think we have more than enough.   Think we need more pure OLB versus an Edge but do Love Patrick Johnson from Tulane, great value pick is he is still there, saw him play and can play at the next level.

Cool - my daughter goes to Tulane and I will keep an eye on Patrick Johnson when we go to the Tulsa/Tulane game.

• Like (+1) 1