Great video highlighting women working for the Bills

One Buffalo

6 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

What about them? The Bills never owned or ran the Jills. They contracted with the organization that ran them, which was sued by former jills for heinous work practices. Hence, no more jills.

Oh! I didn't know that. I thought it was part of the Bills organization. 

7 minutes ago, MtlBillsFan said:

Oh! I didn't know that. I thought it was part of the Bills organization. 

Well, I think the Bills still had a lot to do with how it was run.  

I haven't heard her say this, but Kim may share the view of a lot of women, that cheerleading demeans women.  I'd guess that Kim is much prouder of the women in this video than she is of the Jills.  She may be happy the Jills are gone.

It's a new world.  

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I haven't heard her say this, but Kim may share the view of a lot of women, that cheerleading demeans women.  I'd guess that Kim is much prouder of the women in this video than she is of the Jills.  She may be happy the Jills are gone.

It's a new world.  

As it should be

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Good god. Relax. Can’t anyone say anything off-color to get a chuckle anymore?

I laughed out loud at the  samwiches comment.   More so for the word “samwiches” as it reminded of a friend way back when I was a kid.  He said that a lot.  

Anyway,  you cannot make jokes about certain subjects today.  No joking allowed.  

Besides, it’s just best to stick to football on football forums, hockey on hockey forums, etc.  

Go Bills!  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

It's a new world.  

The Jills were never part of the Buffalo Bills organization. Always a separate entity, and one fraught with issues.  

It is a new world.  Today Cheerleading is  a competitive sport of its own and it includes male cheerleaders, at least in high school and college.  The connotations on cheerleading are typically negative but that is unfair.  

Be careful with your assumptions about Kim and cheerleading .  Kim herself was a high school cheerleader, who knows what she thinks about it or if she cares about it at all.  From wikipedia: 

She was brought to the United States and there adopted by Ralph and Marilyn Kerr on December 30, 1974. She grew up with her adopted family in Fairport, New York, a suburb of Rochester.[2] Kim participated in cheerleading and the school band, playing bassoon. After following her brothers' footsteps in enrolling at Houghton College, she and a roommate made plans to venture to Alaska to work near a fishing camp upon hearing there was money to be made. Unable to afford the fare, she applied for work at a restaurant in Olean, New York; while interviewing for a waitressing gig, she met Terry Pegula, who was dining at the restaurant. Terry offered her a job at his natural gas company, and they eventually entered a relationship, marrying in 1993.

No mention of earning a degree or any the jobs she did for said natural gas company but no doubt she is a sharp person and has been involved in big business with Terry for a long time.  

I am pulling for her and Terry.  They are really helping the City of Buffalo. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Anyway,  you cannot make jokes about certain subjects today.  No joking allowed.  

You're ALLOWED to make jokes. Others are ALLOWED to call you out if the jokes are tired, worn out, inappropriate, or offensive.

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

What about them? The Bills never owned or ran the Jills. They contracted with the organization that ran them, which was sued by former jills for heinous work practices. Hence, no more jills.

That's passing a lot of bucks.  I don't remember exactly when that blew up, and don't know that the current ownership has much to apologize for there, but certainly at the time the Bills ultimately should have been responsible for making sure the women working as Jills were treated fairly (financially and otherwise.)

11 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

That's passing a lot of bucks.  I don't remember exactly when that blew up, and don't know that the current ownership has much to apologize for there

2014, earlier in the same year the Pegulas successfully purchased the franchise.  Current ownership has nothing to apologize for there.  Not on their watch at all.

11 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

certainly at the time the Bills ultimately should have been responsible for making sure the women working as Jills were treated fairly (financially and otherwise.)

I don't know what its fate was but a bill was introduced to the NYS legislature around the time of the lawsuit to clarify NY Labor Law that cheerleaders are employees of the team they cheer for.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

It's a new world.  

Yes you’re right - the Bills certainly had input in certain aspects of how the Jills’ operated - they were licensed to represent the Bills’ brand after all. 

The bad conduct I was referring to earlier, though, was perpetrated by the coaches and leaders of the Jills’ organization, not the Bills’.

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

That's passing a lot of bucks.  I don't remember exactly when that blew up, and don't know that the current ownership has much to apologize for there, but certainly at the time the Bills ultimately should have been responsible for making sure the women working as Jills were treated fairly (financially and otherwise.)

Nope. Think what you want guy, but that was not the arrangement. My source is a former Jill who was on the squad for upwards of 10 years during the time this drama was all playing out, who’s yours?

Edited by JoPoy88

48 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Fixed. 

Fine. I BELIEVE that women who are fully qualified professionals deserve to be treated with the same respect as their male counterparts, and jokes that suggest that their only purpose is to make "samiches" for the coach are are tired, worn out, inappropriate, and offensive. Furthermore, I believe that anyone who makes such a joke probably has sore knuckles, as a result of dragging them on the ground as they walk.

Now, in the interest of fairness, you're welcome to call me out for making a joke that's offensive to neanderthals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1