Sam Darnold out for MNF

scribo

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Ruled him out 5 days before the game? I'm not a doctor, can Mono be that bad?

I actually diagnosed singularnuclearosis during the game, the way he self detonated with the game on the line.

I’m not a doctor, but I play one on TBD.

• Like (+1) 1

I heard that Sam Darnold was grounded after his parents found out he got mono for "making out".  He was supposed to focus on his studies and sports this year and not have any girlfriends.

Bold Prediction: Gase trades Darnold for magic beans.  Gase gets fired before week 13.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

well, always said you use alcohol to sterilize things and kill germs..so when sick, get that ole BAC over .20% and the germs stand no chance!!!

We should definitely put this theory to the test at the Home Opener, I'll be there early to get my liver marinating :beer:

54 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Do people realize that the more they laugh at the Jets dysfunction, the less our win means? 

Just, no.  No, no, no, no, NO!  Are fans really this dumb, or are trolls just this good?

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Do people realize that the more they laugh at the Jets dysfunction, the less our win means? 

The Jets might be a 4 or 5 win team this year.

What does that say about our glorious comeback to win by a single point?

No, because it’s not true. It means less than 1-0? What is our record now, 1/2-0? This isn’t the CFB playoff committee deciding who makes it based on resume and “quality wins.” If that was the case the Pats would miss the playoffs every year. In the NFL 1-0 is exactly that. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I heard that Sam Darnold was grounded after his parents found out he got mono for "making out".  He was supposed to focus on his studies and sports this year and not have any girlfriends.

Bold Prediction: Gase trades Darnold for magic beans.  Gase gets fired before week 13.

You're killing me today Jauronimo and thanks for the link that got me to Crayonz and the tie-breaker stuff.

Been hearing that from the older posters and now I get it!

Now if I can only find out about NJ Sue's homework.  This place is like Comedy Central at times!

34 minutes ago, MarylandFan1980 said:

Bills d lineman could have it too.  They were all over Darnold on sunday 

I've been thinking the same thing.  There was likely a fair amount of mucous and sputum spraying around those scrums.  Sounds gross and icky, but it would definitely be enough to spread it between players.

There are rapid diagnostic tests for infectious mononucleosis (like the rapid strep tests).  I'm guessing the team doctor is going to be swabbing throats every single day for every single player on the team.  Wonder what the incubation period is?

And someone raised a great point way early in the thread.  Think of any of those players that shared a water bottle squirt on the Jets squad.  Wish I was the local sales rep for the clinical diagnostic company in northern New Jersey or Buffalo.  Quota made.