Sam Darnold out for MNF

scribo

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What if they're picking in the top 5.....would they take another QB?

With Gase running the show there is absolutely no idea. It couldn't happen to a better organization though. He's going to set them back another 3-5 years, easy. 

"Gase said Darnold could miss several weeks, and has lost a significant amount of weight. "

Since when i wonder? Sunday? Or beforehand? It's all the other symptoms of mono that kind of hurt your appetite (being tired, sore throat, swollen glands, fever) so did they just think he had a cold or what? Top notch docs they got out in Florin Park.

"Phil he's covered in red spots and he feels like he has the flu. His nephew has chicken pox. Chicken Pox right?"

"Nah, probably just allergies"

24 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Yikes, wasnt aware it could get that bad

Yeah, in high school I missed a few months of fall sports because of liability issues. That was a looooong time ago but I assume there's a test to determine when he could return.  

There's no treatment for mono other than rest and fluids.  What makes it difficult is that even running and working out could extend the virus, which means a player could need another week or two to get back to playing shape.