Sam Darnold out for MNF

scribo

32 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

wow, that's going to hurt them. I actually thought the Jets would probably beat the Browns (think that's who they play next), but now I think the Browns pull this one out.

I was going Houston in my survivor pools but switching to Cleveland.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

My fav: "smart tanking move."  Awesome get @MILFHUNTER#518, what a joy to peruse the slo-mo meltdown in progress! 

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Actually--doesn't this buy Gase some survival past this season with ownership, given how he can argue his own incompetence can't be blamed for the Chernobyl-esque implosion we are witnessing? Behind closed doors he's probably ecstatic to be able to continue to blame others...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Some serious butt whipping by Bills on Jets, check out there injury report (doesn't include Enunwa as on IR) .  Seee excerpt below - Bills may have knocked 5 guys out.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001053853/article/sam-darnold-to-miss-brownsjets-with-mononucleosis

Darnold isn't the only ailing Jet. Gase said running back Le'Veon Bell is getting an MRI on a sore shoulder and will not practice Thursday. Linebacker C.J. Mosley (groin), defensive tackle Quinnen Williams (ankle) and defensive end John-Franklin Myers (foot) will also be sidelined.

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Best line I heard from WFAN today "Even Joe Namath never got mono, or if he did he played anyway." 

Namath drank enough whiskey to ward off disease - the kids these days are soft, their diet is all screwed up. :beer: 

• Haha (+1) 1

Man, I had mono when I was in college.  Felt like absolute crap for 3 months! You have to be really careful with it, as your organs can swell as well.  I was told to avoid all physical contact sports, etc.   Darnold may be missing more than just Monday night! 

24 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Namath drank enough whiskey to ward off disease - the kids these days are soft, their diet is all screwed up. :beer: 

well, always said you use alcohol to sterilize things and kill germs..so when sick, get that ole BAC over .20% and the germs stand no chance!!!

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

well, always said you use alcohol to sterilize things and kill germs..so when sick, get that ole BAC over .20% and the germs stand no chance!!!

Ha.  One of my favorite quotes regarding filming on the set of African Queen where everyone got sick except Bogie and John Huston:

'All I ate was baked beans, canned asparagus and Scotch whisky. Whenever a fly bit Huston or me, it dropped dead.'

• Haha (+1) 3