wheres' the best place to buy a scalper ticket on game day?

stuvian

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

YES to make those who do not pay for season tickets to pay more to team.

Let us not pretend it is security or anything else.

Exactly. It also let's teams get a taste every time a ticket is resold. Security is a side feature.

10 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I bought 5 additionals for the Eagles game in one of the clubs through my rep in the ticket office. They were able to print paper tickets, since the people I’m bringing have no interest in getting the Bills app for one game. I forgot what they charged for printing a ticket but it was reasonable. When talking with my rep, she said it’s a NY law that you must provide an option for printing paper tickets, you can not be fully digital. 

Thank you for this. I just bought 4 for New England and Ticketmaster gave me the option of printing and mailing, which I took for the same reasons you stated above. I didn't think that was even an option at this point so I was kind of concerned we would have an issue at the gates. I figured it would be OK but I appreciate the reassurance.

22 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Exactly. It also let's teams get a taste every time a ticket is resold. Security is a side feature.

Yeah, the teams/league don’t really care if someone gets ripped off with a phoney ticket. Digital tickets also allow the buyer to be identified which can be useful to the team. 

4 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, the teams/league don’t really care if someone gets ripped off with a phoney ticket. Digital tickets also allow the buyer to be identified which can be useful to the team. 

Useful for the team or the FBI/Homeland Security?

On 9/12/2019 at 8:35 AM, GG said:

For people who missed the discussions over the last year - NFL no longer uses paper tickets.  You can't even print the Ticketmaster ticket and bring it to the stadium.   If you are buying a paper ticket, it's a counterfeit.

Are you saying you have to have a smart phone with an electronic ticket on it in your possession in order to get into an NFL stadium these days?  I haven't been to a game in a while.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/12/2019 at 8:35 AM, GG said:

For people who missed the discussions over the last year - NFL no longer uses paper tickets.  You can't even print the Ticketmaster ticket and bring it to the stadium.   If you are buying a paper ticket, it's a counterfeit.

Not necessarily 100% true, but I'll give ya 99.9%.

I went to the Bills/Panthers preseason game here in Charlotte a month ago with paper tickets. Got them from one of my customers. She basically threatened the Panthers with canceling her season tickets if they couldn't give her paper tickets and they obliged. 

But you're essentially correct. People like this lady I got mine from are a very very very small minority of people.

12 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Are you saying you have to have a smart phone with an electronic ticket on it in your possession in order to get into an NFL stadium these days?  I haven't been to a game in a while.

That is correct.  There are very few exceptions for them to accept paper tickets (which don't even exist anymore).

So to stop the scalping you need an expensive smart phone, with the monthly data fees that go with it, just to go to an NFL football game.  

If you have to have paper, and if your lucky, you might find a ticket outlet that will sell you a paper copy for $5 more in fees.  

I just bought 4 MLB tickets using one of the online ticket services.  I had to download an app to my phone and I had to pay $11 extra in fees for each ticket.  

So scalping is alive and well.   Only it’s legal for some.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 9/12/2019 at 9:27 AM, GG said:

That was last year.  This year all tickets are mobile, with select exceptions.  Since the OP question is about buying last minute cheap seats, the exceptions won't apply.   If he's buying a paper ticket at the last minute, he's getting ripped off

I think you can still go to the ticket office, located near the field house, and they will print out a ticket for you on game day.. ANDI will tell you a secret if you don't tell anyone. Sometimes I pretend I need the printed ticket as they have a nice clean potty in there if the need arises!

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think you can still go to the ticket office, located near the field house, and they will print out a ticket for you on game day.. ANDI will tell you a secret if you don't tell anyone. Sometimes I pretend I need the printed ticket as they have a nice clean potty in there if the need arises!

Funny you mention that.  We've been having serious issues with transferring tix in the One Buffalo app.  My failsafe is to call the ticket office and demand printed tickets to be held at the BO

I get the whole electronic ticket thing, but here's another wrinkle .... what if your phone dies?

I was in Boston on Tuesday.  I went hours without access to a phone charger and my phone was VERY close to death.  Problem was that my train ticket was on my phone.  I got down to 1% and turned my phone off, hoping it would turn on when I got onto the train.  It was actually at 26% when I turned it back on, but what the hell would have happened if it died?

Incidentally, on my train into Boston AND my train out of Boston, when the attendants came by checking tickets, I showed them the barcode and they didn't even scan it.  They just, "okay, you're good."

It's the second time that's happened to me.  I'm not buying tickets anymore whilst in Boston.  I'll just show them a screenshot of an old ticket and bring some cash in case they call me on it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I get the whole electronic ticket thing, but here's another wrinkle .... what if your phone dies?

I was in Boston on Tuesday.  I went hours without access to a phone charger and my phone was VERY close to death.  Problem was that my train ticket was on my phone.  I got down to 1% and turned my phone off, hoping it would turn on when I got onto the train.  It was actually at 26% when I turned it back on, but what the hell would have happened if it died?

Incidentally, on my train into Boston AND my train out of Boston, when the attendants came by checking tickets, I showed them the barcode and they didn't even scan it.  They just, "okay, you're good."

It's the second time that's happened to me.  I'm not buying tickets anymore whilst in Boston.  I'll just show them a screenshot of an old ticket and bring some cash in case they call me on it.

1. carry a portable charger
  2. buy a NEW damn phone you cheap piece of :censored: