Mike Francesa, WFAN and Radio.com app

PromoTheRobot

23 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not a local story but it mentions the problems Entercom is having in general with it's crapshow app. Spoiler alert: Francesa is a douche.

New York Post : Mike Francesa is the culprit behind Chris Carlin's WFAN demise.
https://nypost.com/2019/09/11/mike-francesa-is-the-culprit-in-chris-carlins-wfan-demise/

The NY Post is more or less just a rag imo.  I don’t take it seriously at all.

That being said that wouldn’t necessarily surprise me about Mike, he’s always been a douche.  Sucks for Carlin but never really liked listening to him 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

I listened to what he said about the Jets and Giants draft. He went ballistic on the Giants for taking Daniel Jones. When he saw the Bills took Oliver, he said we took the best player in the draft up to that point.

He's like a broken watch...or that blind squirrel. 

20 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Ugh.   

There's a NY Post sports columnist who rants against B.S. everywhere in sports and sports media and he constantly rips MF for staying stupid, incorrect things.  It was one of my favorite things in the paper on the train home!

Phil Mushnick.  Great columnist.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/12/2019 at 10:31 AM, Captain Murica said:

If you want some good laughs, I suggest looking up/following Funhouse on twitter. He records Francesa’s show and calls him out on his BS all the time along with some others on WFAN. Also, the prank callers have me dying at times. 

Easily one of my personal favorite Twitter follows haha! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/12/2019 at 8:26 AM, OrtonHearsaWho said:

I really enjoy Francesa.  Particularly when he butchers players name, dumps soda all over his desk and doesn't care, and especially when he falls asleep on the air.

His now classic rant in which he went off at length on how horrible Rex Ryan is and why the (then) new hire of him as Bills HC would be a dismal failure was 110% spot on the money...

At the same time most fans here were making fun of him and discussing how poor his judgment was.

LOL.

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

His now classic rant in which he went off at length on how horrible Rex Ryan is and why the (then) new hire of him as Bills HC would be a dismal failure was 110% spot on the money...

At the same time most fans here were making fun of him and discussing how poor his judgment was.

LOL.

Blind squirrel meet stopped clock.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

if allen wants to start getting some respect nationally this is a game he needs to be sharp in. no turnovers, little running and just putting up nice numbers in a win will change francescas mind and then his listeners. 

Disagree. Allen may NEVER get respect from certain people because it would mean admitting they were wrong about him. They'd rather pick at his flaws or credit his teammates for "carrying him." In fact we already had someone (Cowherd?) say just that, if Allen succeeds it will be due to the players surrounding him rather that him. 

5 hours ago, aristocrat said:

if allen wants to start getting some respect nationally this is a game he needs to be sharp in. no turnovers, little running and just putting up nice numbers in a win will change francescas mind and then his listeners. 

Who cares what any of these people think.

Allen gets enough bashing from this fan base. It's really bad just within Bills fandom.

The GDT against the Jets should tell you that.

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Disagree. Allen may NEVER get respect from certain people because it would mean admitting they were wrong about him. They'd rather pick at his flaws or credit his teammates for "carrying him." In fact we already had someone (Cowherd?) say just that, if Allen succeeds it will be due to the players surrounding him rather that him. 

For whatever the reason may be, Allen is simply held to a different standard than any other young QB in the NFL.

One bad pass by Allen is tantamount to him being a total bust, while a bad pass by another young QB is just that, a bad pass.

It's a good thing that McDermott and Co. are a lot more tolerant of Allen than this fan base and the national hacks.

Edited by njbuff
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Seems like Francesca could always find work as the press secretary for any number of politicians.

It's funny........ the vemon this guy has for Allen is the same venom shared by a lot of Bills fans, yet these same Bills fans will get on The Pope (haha) for the exact same opinion he and they share.

Bizarre