LeHOTtakes - Week One

LeGOATski

Getchya hot takes here! Fresh off the gridiron!

I'm focusing on the AFC with some NFC sprinkled in if it was a cross-conference game.

Bills: Josh Allen continues to look like The Guy….The defense looks elite...the team showed a ton of heart….This season is going to be SOOO FUUUNNN!!!

BuffaloPride1.jpg

Jets: They're phonies. Gase gonna Gase.

(Insert Gase crazy eyes image here)

Colts: who said they'd fall off a cliff without Luck? They're deceptively dangerous as the offense was productive and the defense peppered Rivers all day. Vinatieri left 10 points on the field.

Chargers: They need to find their "Daniel Jones" sooner rather than later. Rivers is still a great QB and the offense hums when he's on, but he's consistently losing that magic bit by bit. 

Browns: OBJ and his watch. What a goofball. That's a concerning game for the Browns. They looked as much a danger to themselves as to their opponent. If the OLine could perform to their pay level, Mayfield would be all set. Robinson, what are you doing? Kicking people? Really??

2Ga.gif

Titans: This team can go sit on a tack. I hope they fail always. I loved it when they drafted Mariota because I hated him as a prospect. Rookie WR AJ Brown is the real deal. I think this game was a fluke and they outperformed themselves against a Browns team who's heads were in the wrong place.

Chiefs: Watching that offense is just...wow. "Legion of Zoom" is very fitting, with so many home-run hitters ready to explode. Lesean McCoy looks fine. It's gonna be another Chiefs vs Pats****** championship, I think.

Jags: This team should be very excited about their potential, as long as Foles stays healthy. What a beautiful throw and catch on the play Foles got injured. Minshew looked fine, too. Marrone's mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries.

Dolphins: The fish tank is prepped and ready. Bring in the #1 porpoise.

PICT0255a800.JPG

Ravens: How 'bout that Hollywood Brown, eh? Him and Lamar might be a match made in heaven. To my surprise, Lamar looks like a good pocket passer in this game. Let's see…. let's see…I think the TD throw to Boykin was particularly good. Lamar threw him open. What a great QB draft class that might be.

Bengals: This team is the Chargers of the AFC North. Every year they look talented, but they're just consistently….meh.

John Ross to Dalton: 

tenor.gif

Seahawks: Wilson is an amazing player and he has a fun new toy in DK Metcalf, who's out to prove his draft slide was undeserved. A dynamic duo to keep an eye on. The Clowney acquisition looks like it may pay off as Seattle sacks Dalton 5 times.

Pat's******: "We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim. It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath, we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, 'til it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions. These are codes of behavior, and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost."

Steelers: Connor is no Bell. JuJu is no Brown. The Steelers are a flimsy curtain blowing carelessly in front of an open window.

Texans: they seem like the biggest wasted opportunity in the league right now. Sidelined by bad management. Hopkins and Mercilus are two guys I really wanted in their respective drafts, so I've always been kinda jealous of this team.

Saints: Class of the NFC South. I see them easily winning the division as Carolina, TB, and Atlanta all have some major weaknesses.

Raiders: Say what you want about Gruden, but he strikes me as the perfect coach for Las Vegas. The Raiders looked fine against a weakish Broncos team. I think they'll be 2nd in their division behind KC. They gave Gruden what, a 10 year contract? I can speculate that they're okay with a slow rebuild. Very slow rebuild. They're more concerned about milking Vegas money.

maxresdefault.jpg

Broncos: Flacco's a QB with one speed. This team needs to find their "Daniel Jones" too. You can't say Elway hasn't tried...but you can say he sucks at it. Go get an outside perspective on QBs, John. The Broncos should have a nice high draft pick.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Good content but doesn't a LeHot take become just a take if it gets posted several days after an event?  

It depends on when I watch the event. ?

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

Pretty tough on the Titans?

Not tough enough. 

I don't think the Vrabel/Mariota combo is going anywhere.