Power Ranking BS

Nuncha

58 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Found the source.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019/09/10/nfl-week-2-power-rankings-who-will-take-down-the-patriots/2/

An opinion by  Doug Farrar.

:mellow:

Everyone has an opinion, Dougie is entitled to his.

Doesn't mean I agree with it.

That's it...i should have provided the link.

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

week one rank. where did you expect them, top 10?

No but I didn't expect their defense to be referred to as "pliable". lol

9 hours ago, NC Book said:

NFL power rankings are beyond meaningless. It's really just something to do for fun I guess. 

And yet every year people get riled up about them. God forbid that the people who do the power rankings remain skeptical about a franchise that has been largely irrelevant for two decades.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chill said:

There is no doubt J. Allen was a disappointment. We expected improvement from last year and it looked like he regressed a bit. Hopefully just rust. 

We were very lucky to win that game and that standing is okay. 

Defense did bend at times but never broke. 

regressed? we obviously were not watching the same game. I don't consider a lost fumble and the 3 other fluke turnovers as regressing, more like bad luck. if he was regressing, he wouldn't of been able to lead the team to a 4th quarter comeback....WIN

14 minutes ago, McBean said:

It’s very simple.

Until Josh Allen can consistently week in, week out, have good to great performances, the media will think we stink.

You mean until the Bills are the last undefeated team in the NFL. Then pundits have to, grudgingly, give us some credit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We're a six win team from last year that beat a four win team from last year.  I don't expect a 17-16 victory to propel us into the top 20.

Although that's exactly what it did, apparently.

Unless I misunderstood the definition of "19".

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, McBean said:

It’s very simple.

Until Josh Allen can consistently week in, week out, have good to great performances, the media will think we stink.

I'm pretty sure Allen could rack up a 79% completion rate with 5500 yards, 48 TDs, 7 INTs, 512 rushing yards and another 7 TDs on the ground, win the Super Bowl, win the SB and league MVPs... and the first thing I'd read following the game would be, "We just don't know about this Josh Allen yet, so erratic!"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don’t care about power rankings, it’s subjective to the ranker.

To call the Bills defense as “pliable” questions the writers (both) knowledge of the game.

Parroting someone else’s narrative is pink slip worthy in my opinion.

People are generally lazy, depending on the perception of others for their information and regurgitating what they see/hear.

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

I'm pretty sure Allen could rack up a 79% completion rate with 5500 yards, 48 TDs, 7 INTs, 512 rushing yards and another 7 TDs on the ground, win the Super Bowl, win the SB and league MVPs... and the first thing I'd read following the game would be, "We just don't know about this Josh Allen yet, so erratic!"

I agree with you.

I’m a huge Allen fan. The media hates the kid though.

Thats why I said every week he’s going to have to be incredible for people to start believing this team is foreal.

12 hours ago, Chill said:

There is no doubt J. Allen was a disappointment. We expected improvement from last year and it looked like he regressed a bit. Hopefully just rust. 

We were very lucky to win that game and that standing is okay. 

Defense did bend at times but never broke. 

There's no doubt he was a disappointment?

What game did you watch? I saw a Qb moving the offense up and down the field against a tough defense. I would hardly call him a disappointment!

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

So 6-10 team beats a 4-12 team by 1 pt and people are angry about the ranking.

I think people are more laughing at the fact that the defense received no credit in the write up. At least that is what I am laughing at. A defense that allows 8 points and keeps Le’Veon Bell to under 100 yards is classified as “damn good” in my book. I don’t care if the opponent is the Jets, Miami or Arizona. Holding any NFL team to 8 points is a massive accomplishment. 

Edited by Bills2ref

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

So 6-10 team beats a 4-12 team by 1 pt and people are angry about the ranking.

Those are last year’s records.  Not sure how long you’ve been watching the game, but things happen in the offseason.

I don’t care about power rankings, personally. But why do you care what fans here think about where the Bills are?