Power Ranking BS

Nuncha

19. Buffalo Bills

The Bills overcame a 16-point deficit against the Jets to come back and steal a 17-16 win, but one such victory against a talented but dysfunctionally coached team does not a successful season make. There are still serious questions about quarterback Josh Allen's consistency as a passer, and the defense was far too pliable against Sam Darnold and Le'Veon Bell. Rookies Ed Oliver and Devin Singletary gave the team hope for the future with impressive performances, but as is true with every NFL team, the Bills will go exactly as far as their quarterback can take them. In Allen's case, we have no idea what that means just yet.(Photo by Jeff Zelevansky/Getty Images)

D was pliable?  We gave up 223 yards and 7 points.  68 yards rushing 155 yards passing.  Funny....
  • Like (+1) 3

Sounds like lazy journalism, I can't see how anyone who watched that game and has two eyes thought the Bills defense was "far too pliable" against the Jets offense.

But other than that, after a 17-16 win against the Jets 19th sounds about right.  

• Like (+1) 1

There is no doubt J. Allen was a disappointment. We expected improvement from last year and it looked like he regressed a bit. Hopefully just rust. 

We were very lucky to win that game and that standing is okay. 

Defense did bend at times but never broke. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chill said:

There is no doubt J. Allen was a disappointment. We expected improvement from last year and it looked like he regressed a bit. Hopefully just rust. 

Not sure that I would say he regressed. As far as taking care of the ball, then yeah maybe, even though 3 of them were quite flukey. I don't think that will be the norm. But set a new high in passing yards and probably completion percentage, as well. He didn't explode for 5 TD's like week 18, but there was definitely meat left on the bone point wise for this offense. He looked more comfortable in the pocket and for the most part, more decisive imo. I think good things are on the horizon for the guy.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

19. Buffalo Bills

The Bills overcame a 16-point deficit against the Jets to come back and steal a 17-16 win, but one such victory against a talented but dysfunctionally coached team does not a successful season make. There are still serious questions about quarterback Josh Allen's consistency as a passer, and the defense was far too pliable against Sam Darnold and Le'Veon Bell. Rookies Ed Oliver and Devin Singletary gave the team hope for the future with impressive performances, but as is true with every NFL team, the Bills will go exactly as far as their quarterback can take them. In Allen's case, we have no idea what that means just yet.(Photo by Jeff Zelevansky/Getty Images)

D was pliable?  We gave up 223 yards and 7 points.  68 yards rushing 155 yards passing.  Funny....

You have a problem with one word? And they ranked us 19th?

Looked like a pretty reasonable writeup to me. They think Darnold and Bell are going to suck. They could be right or wrong about that, but it's not an unreasonable guess. I agree with you that the D didn't look pliable at all to me, but 19th looks pretty reasonable to me.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We're a six win team from last year that beat a four win team from last year.  I don't expect a 17-16 victory to propel us into the top 20.

I don't even think this is the year they break out.   I'm thinking next year.  

Allen still just so raw.  He will lose a couple games all by himself this year.

Trust the process. 

8 hours ago, Chill said:

There is a not ton of doubt and he didn’t regress. If you watched that game you witnessed a decisive QB hitting receivers all over the place. I watched a QB learning to fight the urge to always run  when pockets break down.  It cost him a fumble , but everyone fumbles. 

As for power rankings, who cares. Some of these guys I don’t think even watch the games. Maybe highlights. Bill could start 4-0 and beat the Pats and most these guys would have the Pats ranked ahead of them. That tells me it’s subjective not objective. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Thank you (+1) 1

this make you feel worse OP?

Week 2 NFL Power Rankings: 1-32 poll, plus the best rookie for each team

buf.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

22. Buffalo Bills (1-0)

Preseason ranking: 25gn-arrow.png

Rookie who flashed: Devin Singletary, RB

How the newcomer starred: First-round pick Ed Oliver turned in a strong effort at defensive tackle, but Singletary was arguably the Bills' most dynamic playmaker Sunday. He accounted for 98 yards on nine touches. He started ahead of Frank Gore and should get a far heavier workload moving forward. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

I don't believe these rankings are going to give real indicator until week 4. after 4 weeks a team should start taking on the look they'll have the remainder of the season?

hence I take these early rankings with a grain of salt.