Jump to content
HOUSE

Sean McDermott won't tip hand on Bills' RB situation

Recommended Posts

Good. Make the G-boys prepare for them both. Two distinct styles makes it more difficult to game plan.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HOUSE said:

It's one of the guys behind Josh Allen

Or. ..next to him...

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a lot of this is coach talk, however I don’t like how this reminds me of the Peterman fiasco, this was mentioned in the article.

McDermott has some old school conservative coach beliefs. I hope he can move past them. Tolbert stunk, Gore isn’t as bad as Tolbert but he is old and no where near as explosive as Singletary. 

Personally Singletary is in first and often. Yeldon is in as a passing option. Gore can spell Singletary for a series in the first half and second half if needed.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

By: Nick Wojton | 44 minutes ago

 

What is going on with the Buffalo Bills’ running back situation?

Ask who you want, but your head might start spinning if you talk to Buffalo head coach Sean McDermott.

 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/11/sean-mcdermott-wont-tip-hand-buffalo-bills-running-back-situation/

 

Fantasy owners know it's going to be Singletary. He's going to have a huge game and I for one am going to enjoy it! First real Bills starter (non kicker) I have started in YEARS... I think the last one was Travis Henry for me.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, scribo said:

Good. Make the G-boys prepare for them both. Two distinct styles makes it more difficult to game plan.

It's not like QB's,  to stop any RB you need to control the line and tackle well.  Not much difference in preparation because all teams use multiple backs during a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I think a lot of this is coach talk, however I don’t like how this reminds me of the Peterman fiasco, this was mentioned in the article.

McDermott has some old school conservative coach beliefs. I hope he can move past them. Tolbert stunk, Gore isn’t as bad as Tolbert but he is old and no where near as explosive as Singletary. 

Personally Singletary is in first and often. Yeldon is in as a passing option. Gore can spell Singletary for a series in the first half and second half if needed.

Or Belichik.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

By: Nick Wojton | 44 minutes ago

 

What is going on with the Buffalo Bills’ running back situation?

Ask who you want, but your head might start spinning if you talk to Buffalo head coach Sean McDermott.

 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/11/sean-mcdermott-wont-tip-hand-buffalo-bills-running-back-situation/

 

The writer of this article is odd to say the least.  He actually was trying to troll the Bills fan base last Sunday.  I don’t unfollow many people on Twitter but this clown made the list.  It just didn’t seem to make sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Bills have RB by committee which is becoming very common in the NFL.  Who cares as long as it works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HOUSE said:

By: Nick Wojton | 44 minutes ago

 

What is going on with the Buffalo Bills’ running back situation?

Ask who you want, but your head might start spinning if you talk to Buffalo head coach Sean McDermott.

 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/11/sean-mcdermott-wont-tip-hand-buffalo-bills-running-back-situation/

 

.....LOL.....a "Hoodie presser" OBD style...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, scribo said:

Good. Make the G-boys prepare for them both. Two distinct styles makes it more difficult to game plan.

is it really that difficult?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nucci said:

is it really that difficult?

No, and their styles aren't really distinct.

Edited by klos63

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I know is Singletary needs more touches.  He took a ton of snaps, barely touched the ball and accounted for almost 100 yards.  Daboll needs to adjust something there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed that Singletary should get more touches. However, keep in mind that he is a rookie. He is not used to playing 16 games in one season at this point in his career. A lot of rookies tend to "burn out" if used too much in their rookie seasons. Remember also that with preparing for the Combine he has not had a typical "offseason" to rest up either. All in all it is probably a good idea to ease him in slowly to the offense rather than to risk burning him out too quickly. That is especially true if we want him to be ready for a playoff game or two...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone paying attention knows that this is Singletary’s job. They might ease him into it but it’s very, very, very, very obvious that, from draft day, their plan was to hand him the keys. Gore will rotate in and probably even start but this isn’t going to be a 50/50 split.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...