538 Quarterback chart

Reader

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I refuse to take up a hobby that involves more work than Grade 11 Algebra.

But this is just 5th grade math, at least where I went to school.      ✖️    :)

• Haha (+1) 1

Interesting. Allen has a higher score than Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, and Jackson.

5 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Big surprises for me are Jared Goff at 145 and Kirk Cousins at 171, just at a quick glance.

I got made fun of for saying Goff is not a great QB back when he got his new contract. I've watched quite a bit of him and I think he is a good QB, just not great, and I kind of doubt he will ever be great. He doesn't have that clutch gamer ability. Can't put the team on his back. So I'm not surprised his score is average.

5 hours ago, BidsJr said:

Wait didn't Algebra happen in 7th grade?

Back when I was in HS (admittedly quite a # of years ago now) Math 11 was Trigonometry. Math 10 was Geometry and I believe Math 9 was Algebra. Math 12 was Calculus...

Edited by DefenseWins

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Interesting. Allen has a higher score than Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, and Jackson.

I got made fun of for saying Goff is not a great QB back when he got his new contract. I've watched quite a bit of him and I think he is a good QB, just not great, and I kind of doubt he will ever be great. He doesn't have that clutch gamer ability. Can't put the team on his back. So I'm not surprised his score is average.

I tend to agree that he's more of a good QB than great, nothing stands out about his game to me.

Results on many stats are skewed after just 1 game. They saw what I saw -- A QB whose accuracy and ball placement looked much better that made several bonead plays. His "bonehead" plays all came after he'd been flushed from the pocket or under duress. The OL will get better and when Josh wasn't hurried, he was throwing dimes. He needs to handle pressure better. No one is better when they're running for their life, but handling it well is still a competitive advantage. An incomplete pass is better than a sack, or worse, a pick. He needs to learn to always put 2 hands on the ball before taking a hit. It will come for him. At least now that I know that he can aim, I like his chances better. Let's see how Allen looks in week 2. Big games for Zay and Isaiah against the Giants #3 & #4 DB's.

13 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Keenum above Stafford? Roethlisberger over Brady?

Since it seems like their formula is influenced by QBR in some way, over the past 10 games:

Big Ben: 65.52

Brady: 65.09

Keenum: 53.96

Stafford: 50.96