• 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 12:28 PM, nickrage said:

Joe Marino

Locked on Bills

is absolutely top notch 

hes a fan but not like John murphy

he is quite knowledgeable and always a good listen

Agreed.

Good blend of Joe’s NFL insights plus his ongoing college draft work  makes it unique IMHO.

I thought todays’ #twitterTuesday (listener questions) was especially good.

https://www.stitcher.com/s?eid=64598751&autoplay=1

Edited by RockpileSurvivor

On 9/11/2019 at 6:31 PM, CaptnCoke11 said:

I think Marino is the best Bills podcaster.  

I like his show a lot and listen daily but the single best Bills podcast is the Nick and Nolan show on Wednesday’s at Buffalo Rumblings. Bruce Nolan knows his stuff. Marino actually had him on as a guest last week.

It can can easily get lost in the shuffle of all the subpar/crap pods from Rumblings but it’s really good.

They had an excellent pod today that was different than there normal in season stuff. It did a fairly deep dive into analytics. It was fantastic though not Bills specific.

• Like (+1) 2

Off the beaten path (i.e. fan run not "I'm going to explain how the football works" let's dissect this play Spider XY Banana)

-Maybe Next Year (MNY?)

-Bills and Beers

-The Rockpile Report

They are all "fun/fan introspection (listed in order of increasing levels of alcohol-induced raging and ranting)

More technical, (i.e. you might learn something or another perspective on why things happen)

-The Bills Wire Daily Podcast

-The Bills Beat

-Buffalo Rumblings (Nick & Nolan and/or Blitzed Bills)

-Locked On Bills

-Cover 1 | Buffalo

In (my opinion) order of least to most technical insight. Not necessarily the order of most technical "correctness" because much is still based on subjectivity, but increasing levels of  "technical" explanation of why certain things happened.

Edited by timekills17

If anyone is looking for a 57th Bills/Sabres Podcast to listen to we have started one that's more fun than technical, you can check it out on Spreaker, iTunes, & Spotify by searching wittyNOTfunny Sports

Just 2 guys who probably think we are funnier than we actually are trying to break the cycle of our lives by talking some sports.  We focus on Bills and Sabres but occasionally delve into all sports, for example we will have an NBA preview up next week.  If you don't like it thats cool we appreciate you giving it a try but if you do, even a little bit, follow us on twitter and leave us some kind words.  We would greatly appreciate the feedback since we are new to this whole medium and trying to build our following and reach. 

Locked on Bills for me... fits in  nicely on the morning commute and Joe Marino gets straight into the content without any filler.  All credit to him for his 5 days a week service.

Also enjoy The Buffalo Beat as a once per week podcast.

Podcasts like these allow the far away fan feel closer to what's going on with Bills and they are much appreciated.  Long may they last.

Joe Marino is very good.  I do not know if these are "1 take podcasts" but his delivery is smooth and his voice and cadence are strong.  A very easy listen, full of info.  He has been a frequent guest on WGR and he presents well there too.  His background with the Draft Network helps fill offseason content and gives plenty of insight to the Bills happenings during the season.  Every time he has on the Locked On podcasters for the Bills weekly opponents he way outshines them.  I think he has the voice and knowledge to do much more with his career if so chooses.

The Cover1 "All 22" breakdowns are great and provide way more depth to certain plays within a particular game than what is available anywhere else.  The content that Greg and Aaron typically generate is good as well.  More back and forth, fan based opinions on Bills topics that really set a standard for weekly discussion.  Their opinions are generated from a solid base of Bills/NFL knowledge that is borderline nerdy because it seems to be more their hobby than anything else. 

• 1 month later...