Favorite Bills Podcasts

voodoo poonani

Hey all,

I was curious what your favorite Buffalo Bills podcasts were, and wondering what's out there that I may be missing.

To start I'll share my own favorites which are:

The Nick and Nolan Show

Part of the array of Buffalo Rumblings podcasts, they have some truly awesome shows. Bruce Nolan's thinks in ways I never do, and he and Nick always try to offer something different than every other podcast that is out there. I really liked the episode breaking down Special Teams (it's what hooked me). There's a lot of other variety in the Buffalo Rumblings Podcasts (link below), so I'm sure there's something for everyone. Oh, and Bruce's writings on BR are worth a read.

Buffalo Rumblings Podcasts (including the Nick and Nolan show)

Locked On Bills

Joe Marino for Locked On has a new podcast for each weekday, which fits in nicely with a morning commute (Nick and Nolan are frequent guests). He comes up with plenty of material to fill the offseason void

Locked on Bills podcast - Stitcher

The Buffalo Beat (formerly The Bills Beat)

Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn have some good discussions. Tim Graham sometimes stops by. It can get a little silly sometimes, but most of the time it's pretty good. Full disclosure, some of their episodes are only available via The Athletic app (paywall).

The Buffalo Beat - Stitcher

Cover 1 Buffalo

It's hosted by Nate Geary, Aaron Quinn, and Greg Tompsett are pretty good. The website has some good articles, but I imagine the really good stuff is behind a paywall. Erik Turner owns Cover1.net and also does film analysis for The Athletic.

Cover 1 Buffalo

NOTE: I'm able to find all of these on Google Podcasts except for the Athletic only podcasts as noted above.

So who do you guys listen to?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I typically listen to 2

Locked on Bills is good work by Marino ... has a lot of energy on all segments and virtually daily content

Joe B and Matthew Fairburn on the Buffalo Beat is another .. though not as much energy style wise as Marino .. more dry delivery  .. and the awards they do (Come on Darlene, etc.) are kind of weak

But given week 1 .. I also pulled in Buffalo Rumblings was surprised .. as it seemed to have some very poor production/sound this past week .. sounded like was on 2 cups and a string in terms of audio.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

My favorite listen is Joe Marino's Locked On Bills Podcast. You can tell how much he puts into each episode, he isn't a homer, and he covers all aspects of the team. 

Second place? www.numbbillsfan.com. Dave is unorthodox and hilarious, and when he really gets going, he throws out some gems!

Another unorthodox Bills podcast would be The Rockpile Report...Drew gets going as well...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Thanks for the Locked on Bills recommendation. Listening to it for the first time, and I like how it is straight forward without the fluff. Some podcasts just get lost with insignificant crap. 

Another great example of Joe not majoring in the minor was Locked on Bills Monday pod discussing the win over the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

I'll have to check out Locked on Bills... Not technically a podcast but Hashtag Sports on YouTube is pretty entertaining. I ran into one of the hosts at a training camp practice this year. Super nice guy. He told me they started the YouTube show as an excuse to get out of the house. They are also doing play by play of the games this season. 

Edited by holla83

On 9/11/2019 at 6:31 PM, CaptnCoke11 said:

I think Marino is the best Bills podcaster.  

No way.  Joe B and Matt Fairburn are the best hands down

10 hours ago, ricojes said:

Another unorthodox Bills podcast would be The Rockpile Report...Drew gets going as well...

Cant stand this show

10 hours ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

Cover1. https://youtu.be/N2ojmFrzQfQ 

That's a fantastic watch. 

Erik Turner is fantastic at blocking people who disagree with him