Buffalo Bills to start 4-0, says NFL columnist

By Ryan Talbot | rtalbot@nyup.com

The Buffalo Bills needed a 17-point comeback to defeat the New York Jets in Week 1. After pulling out a 17-16 win over the Jets, one NFL columnist believes three more consecutive wins will follow.

NFL.com columnist and CBS Sports host Adam Schein wrote about the Bills in his column on Week 1 winners. According to Schein, Buffalo’s character played a role in their win and will help them through the next three games as well.

It’s well-documented that I’m in on this team. I pegged Buffalo as my Cinderella team in April and picked the Bills to make the playoffs in August. And their effort on Sunday undoubtedly bolstered my feelings.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/09/buffalo-bills-to-start-4-0-says-nfl-columnist.html

2 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

He’s been high

Fixed. ;)

I would love a 4-0 start... the team we saw Sunday ain’t beating any version of the patriots from the past 20 years. That being said, Allen has 120 minutes of game time to figure some stuff out and get ready for the game of his life to punch the dynasty in the face and take the crown. Let’s go!!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Fixed. ;)

I would love a 4-0 start... the team we saw Sunday ain’t beating any version of the patriots from the past 20 years. That being said, Allen has 120 minutes of game time to figure some stuff out and get ready for the game of his life to punch the dynasty in the face and take the crown. Let’s go!!

For your latter portion, I believe it wise to never base a team on their first few games, particularly O and even more so when a unit has so many new moving parts. 

I am not saying we’ll beat the *Pats but I think we’ll be 3-0 when we meet and It’ll be interesting!

21 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

For your latter portion, I believe it wise to never base a team on their first few games, particularly O and even more so when a unit has so many new moving parts. 

I am not saying we’ll beat the *Pats but I think we’ll be 3-0 when we meet and It’ll be interesting!

I agree. Most of our mistakes looked like Rust knockers... that being said, aint no pats team gonna let us squeak out with a 3:1 TO ratio.

• Like (+1) 1

Regarding the Jets game, we were 2 points away from many people probably claiming we were going to be 4-12... and Josh Allen is a bust. 

Im not believing any of the Bills hype until we can start dominating games.  

Not trying to be a debbie downer... but one game at a time. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I concede nothing to the Patriots.  They looked great...but is Pittsburgh terrible?  Will Brown last?  Gordon?

Their O line is suspect, as is their depth for some units, including QB.

The Bills HAVE to split with that team, at minimum.  It ends now.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, whatdrought said:

Our defense is better than theirs. If Allen plays a perfect game, we can win. (Big big IF)

Agreed, it's the true test though to see if we are what we think we are.

For me personally,  nothing matters until we smack them down. I've been beat down so many damn times through the years waiting for this to happen. :(

I do have to say though, this year and team def. feels different for sure. It's starting to remind me of the later 80's teams. Are we the 87 unit with a 7-8 record or the 88 squad that went 12-4?

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Agreed, it's the true test though to see if we are what we think we are.

For me personally,  nothing matters until we smack them down. I've been beat down so many damn times through the years waiting for this to happen. :(

I do have to say though, this year and team def. feels different for sure. It's starting to remind me of the later 80's teams. Are we the 87 unit with a 7-8 record or the 88 squad that went 12-4?

I wouldn't be shocked if we played them close and beat them. I wouldn't be shocked if we played them close and came short. I wouldn't be shocked if we slapped the hell out of them. I wouldn't be shocked if they made us their B word again. 

I think it's a good litmus test for sure. I don't know what to make of the Patriots hype... usually when they're more hyped, they're less successful... 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I wouldn't be shocked if we played them close and beat them. I wouldn't be shocked if we played them close and came short. I wouldn't be shocked if we slapped the hell out of them. I wouldn't be shocked if they made us their B word again. 

I think it's a good litmus test for sure. I don't know what to make of the Patriots hype... usually when they're more hyped, they're less successful... 

Great test for sure! I'm really not trying to think that far ahead but it's really hard not to.  We have the pieces of the puzzles in place to win the battlefield on both sides of the trenches.