Shrmur says Allen could potentially be a starter?? Huh?

D521646

1 hour ago, D521646 said:

Just heard on the radio, sorry no link, but in the Giants presser Shurmur said when asked about Allen, that when they looked at him in 2018 they thought that one day he "might" be a starter?  When pressed later on in the press conference, he repeated the statement?

What does that even mean?  Meanwhile McD had high praise for Eli.  I find it odd that usually we hear from coaches nothing but good things to say about the team they're about to face, but Shurmur's comments caught reporters off guard?

Tim-

He'll most definitely will know about JA after next weeks game, I'd even say he will  never forget him!

Edited by TAinLA
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, D521646 said:

Just heard on the radio, sorry no link, but in the Giants presser Shurmur said when asked about Allen, that when they looked at him in 2018 they thought that one day he "might" be a starter?  When pressed later on in the press conference, he repeated the statement?

What does that even mean?  Meanwhile McD had high praise for Eli.  I find it odd that usually we hear from coaches nothing but good things to say about the team they're about to face, but Shurmur's comments caught reporters off guard?

Tim-

The Giants didn't have franchise QB ratings on any of the 2018 QBs available at 2, otherwise they would have picked one & sat him a year or 2 behind Manning.  They probably had a similar rating on Barkley that most had-potential HOFer.  So if you want to get on his case, he chose the most likely Hall of Famer in the draft. He knew if they drafted Allen, Allen wouldn't play as a rookie and possibly not as a sophomore either.  Josh was better off going to a team where he could play instead of being a NY Giant still holding a clipboard with nobody knowing if he'd be the answer or not.  

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-now/0ap3000001053690/Kim-Jones-explains-Shurmur-s-unique-comments-on-Josh-Allen

“We thought he had chance to be a starter.”

When asked to clarify if he meant as a rookie, or a starter in this league, he said again:

I really hope they show this at a team meeting before the game for a little extra motivation.

Edited by BradyGaga
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BradyGaga said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-now/0ap3000001053690/Kim-Jones-explains-Shurmur-s-unique-comments-on-Josh-Allen

When asked to clarify if he meant as a rookie, or a starter in this league, he said again:

I really hope they show this at team meeting before the game for a little extra motivation.

WHY,  HE WAS RIGHT! !!??

17 minutes ago, BradyGaga said:

I really hope they show this at team meeting before the game for a little extra motivation.

Wow! Thanks pat Shamir you idiot for some bulletin board material.... go get them

Josh!!!

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BradyGaga said:

So he’s saying there’s a chance?

• Haha (+1) 2