Jump to content
Shaw66

Pats can keep their rings; I'll take the Bills

Recommended Posts

Enough of this soapy my team has more character charade.

 

In the annals of NFL history it will be Bills who ?....and those Patriots were something else !

 

Stop fooling yourself, the Pats are the cornerstone of what an NFL franchise should be.

 

  • Meh 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Enough of this soapy my team has more character charade.

 

In the annals of NFL history it will be Bills who ?....and those Patriots were something else !

 

Stop fooling yourself, the Pats are the cornerstone of what an NFL franchise should be.

 

I think its nice to have a team full of players that for the most part are men of good character.  

 

A B caused one team to give up high draft picks for his services. Didn't like where he landed so did what he had to do to get released. Probably knowing all along the Pats would sign him.  Myself personally, A B should be blackballed from the league IMO.

 

To me this sets a bad example for other players. Act up, refuse to play, get rewarded. Maybe even win another Championship.

 

Tell me how this helps other franchises in the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BillsVet said:

 

I'm not the biggest McD fan, but being a Christian is not a problem and he's definitely not out proselytizing on the sidelines or behind the scenes.      

 

Whereas I am a massive McDermott fan but whenever he talks about faith (and I do agree he doesn't do it as much as some here would have you think) it makes me cringe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BillsVet said:

 

Ordinarily, I would let this pass coming from someone as uneducated about Catholicism as you.  And, I would answer this in PPP, but you went ahead and initiated this here. 

 

If you're going to mischaracterize the entire Catholic priesthood I would caution you.  Form whatever opinion you want, but I am Catholic and I've personally known dozens of outstanding Catholic priests.  I've seen them in the hospital rooms with the sick and dying.  I've seen them at Catholic funerals comforting families.  I've seen them at weddings joining newly married couples.  I've seen them on Sundays with homilies that make you check who you are.  I've been there with them receiving help during particularly difficult times I experienced.  I've seen them in school teaching religion and latin.  And I've seen them in so many other places.  You make it sound as though all are predators in waiting and that's simply not true.    

 

The greatest men I know are Catholic priests.    

 

I'm not the biggest McD fan, but being a Christian is not a problem and he's definitely not out proselytizing on the sidelines or behind the scenes.      

 

https://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Ex-priest-off-to-prison-with-a-grin-1016033.php - there's a story about the priest who confirmed me as catholic and also raped more than one of my friends.  I'm Catholic and I've seen everyting you have.  Don't think you have a leg up on me (or anyone, for that matter).  I'll leave it at that, so this thread doesn't get shut down.

 

McDermott's faith being considered while building the roster has been reported on/discussed multiple times.  It's relevant, which is why I brought it up.  If you want to pound your chest about how proud you are to be a catholic, YOU take that crap to PPP.  Otherwise, leave it alone.  Thanks.

  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bills have real fans. How many “Patriot fans” would jump off the bandwagon after a couple of 5 or 6 win seasons? How about a 17 year playoff drought? That “bandwagon” could be the size of a golf cart! 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Augie said:

The Bills have real fans. How many “Patriot fans” would jump off the bandwagon after a couple of 5 or 6 win seasons? How about a 17 year playoff drought? That “bandwagon” could be the size of a golf cart! 

Don't get me started on Patriot fans.  I live amongst them.   I think more highly of the Patriots than I do of their fans. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Augie said:

The Bills have real fans. How many “Patriot fans” would jump off the bandwagon after a couple of 5 or 6 win seasons? How about a 17 year playoff drought? That “bandwagon” could be the size of a golf cart! 

Augie, Don't kid yourself. The Bills lost a generation of fans with their generation of ineptitude. It's not unusual for a fan base to lose some steam after more than a generation of historical level of winning. That shouldn't be surprising. I remember when the exciting Kelly era was coming to a close and we hosting a he playoff against Jacksonville. There were plenty of empty seats against Jacksonville in a playoff game that we lost. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 5:26 PM, RiotAct said:

I think most Patriots fans revel in that somewhat bad-boy, “us-against-the-world” mentality.  

 

What’s a Patriots fan?  You mean those people that started showing up to game around 2001 and will stop showing up when Brady retires?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Augie, Don't kid yourself. The Bills lost a generation of fans with their generation of ineptitude. It's not unusual for a fan base to lose some steam after more than a generation of historical level of winning. That shouldn't be surprising. I remember when the exciting Kelly era was coming to a close and we hosting a he playoff against Jacksonville. There were plenty of empty seats against Jacksonville in a playoff game that we lost. 

 

Sure, we lost some fans. But the fans we DO have are (for the most part) the real deal. Very unlike those who wear their Patriots hats all over the country, but never owned any team gear before Brady put them in the AFC Championship Game more often than not. When the downfall comes, and it shouldn’t be too long now, they will have a Niagara Falls type purge that will make ours looks like a dripping faucet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have little tolerance for the bandwagon Patriot fans. I come across them quite often. I try to stay away. These are the same people who dont even know who the real Tom Terrific is.

Edited by Rocket94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Enough of this soapy my team has more character charade.

 

In the annals of NFL history it will be Bills who ?....and those Patriots were something else !

 

Stop fooling yourself, the Pats are the cornerstone of what an NFL franchise should be.

 

It is funny how much this coaching staff has sold "character and process" and how much the fan base has bought it.

 

You know why the Bills beat the Jets in Week 1?  Superior talent on the field, and nothing else.

 

We are a much better football team.  We stopped the turnovers and mistakes and still had just enough hit me left to outscore them by 1 point before the clock expired because we are the better team.  

 

Talent wins.  Any suggestion of anything else causing the win is fantasy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It is funny how much this coaching staff has sold "character and process" and how much the fan base has bought it.

 

You know why the Bills beat the Jets in Week 1?  Superior talent on the field, and nothing else.

 

We are a much better football team.  We stopped the turnovers and mistakes and still had just enough hit me left to outscore them by 1 point before the clock expired because we are the better team.  

 

Talent wins.  Any suggestion of anything else causing the win is fantasy.

 

 

Every successful organization has a successful culture.  To suggest otherwise is fantasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Augie said:

 

Sure, we lost some fans. But the fans we DO have are (for the most part) the real deal. Very unlike those who wear their Patriots hats all over the country, but never owned any team gear before Brady put them in the AFC Championship Game more often than not. When the downfall comes, and it shouldn’t be too long now, they will have a Niagara Falls type purge that will make ours looks like a dripping faucet. 

Owning team gear isn't a reflection of anything. Nor is the segment of young people who go to the games to get unconsciously drunk, or setting yourself on fire with the chorus of fans chuckling at the spectacle, or diving onto a table risking a broken neck or the fat guys who take off their shirts and expose their Dolly Pardon man boobs in freezing weather a measure of fan loyalty. 

 

The Patriots will eventually have a down slide as all teams do. That cycle of enthusiasm is the norm for all teams, including Buffalo teams. If that isn't the case then why are there just as many or even more Toronto fans at the Buffalo hockey arena when they play. (I have no criticism for anyone selling a ticket if they paid for it. The purchasers can do whatever they want with their tickets. I simply don't believe in the myth that Buffalo fans are  more special than Green Bay or Pittsburgh fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...