Pats can keep their rings; I'll take the Bills

Shaw66

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Augie, Don't kid yourself. The Bills lost a generation of fans with their generation of ineptitude. It's not unusual for a fan base to lose some steam after more than a generation of historical level of winning. That shouldn't be surprising. I remember when the exciting Kelly era was coming to a close and we hosting a he playoff against Jacksonville. There were plenty of empty seats against Jacksonville in a playoff game that we lost. 

Sure, we lost some fans. But the fans we DO have are (for the most part) the real deal. Very unlike those who wear their Patriots hats all over the country, but never owned any team gear before Brady put them in the AFC Championship Game more often than not. When the downfall comes, and it shouldn’t be too long now, they will have a Niagara Falls type purge that will make ours looks like a dripping faucet. 

10 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Enough of this soapy my team has more character charade.

In the annals of NFL history it will be Bills who ?....and those Patriots were something else !

Stop fooling yourself, the Pats are the cornerstone of what an NFL franchise should be.

It is funny how much this coaching staff has sold "character and process" and how much the fan base has bought it.

You know why the Bills beat the Jets in Week 1?  Superior talent on the field, and nothing else.

We are a much better football team.  We stopped the turnovers and mistakes and still had just enough hit me left to outscore them by 1 point before the clock expired because we are the better team.  

Talent wins.  Any suggestion of anything else causing the win is fantasy.

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It is funny how much this coaching staff has sold "character and process" and how much the fan base has bought it.

You know why the Bills beat the Jets in Week 1?  Superior talent on the field, and nothing else.

We are a much better football team.  We stopped the turnovers and mistakes and still had just enough hit me left to outscore them by 1 point before the clock expired because we are the better team.  

Talent wins.  Any suggestion of anything else causing the win is fantasy.

Every successful organization has a successful culture.  To suggest otherwise is fantasy.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Sure, we lost some fans. But the fans we DO have are (for the most part) the real deal. Very unlike those who wear their Patriots hats all over the country, but never owned any team gear before Brady put them in the AFC Championship Game more often than not. When the downfall comes, and it shouldn’t be too long now, they will have a Niagara Falls type purge that will make ours looks like a dripping faucet. 

Owning team gear isn't a reflection of anything. Nor is the segment of young people who go to the games to get unconsciously drunk, or setting yourself on fire with the chorus of fans chuckling at the spectacle, or diving onto a table risking a broken neck or the fat guys who take off their shirts and expose their Dolly Pardon man boobs in freezing weather a measure of fan loyalty. 

The Patriots will eventually have a down slide as all teams do. That cycle of enthusiasm is the norm for all teams, including Buffalo teams. If that isn't the case then why are there just as many or even more Toronto fans at the Buffalo hockey arena when they play. (I have no criticism for anyone selling a ticket if they paid for it. The purchasers can do whatever they want with their tickets. I simply don't believe in the myth that Buffalo fans are  more special than Green Bay or Pittsburgh fans.