"The unsung hero and the Bills’ best player — Trent Murphy" - Joe B

13 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I gave Trent Murphy one of my game balls Sunday, thought he was 2nd best D on the field next to Shaq.  He was always around the ball and handling his bidness on the edge.  Bell didn't get outside and go wild like we thought he might.  Dude was solid and looks to be finally fully healed from the knee injury.  Those types of injuries take time, often more than a year.  I'm glad we got him.

Lets hope he is 110% healthy. from all reports via OBD he is.

Hughes and Lawson played well. so the front 4  rotations are working out nicely.Murphy is a fine asset so far. and a great fit for McD/Frazier

love these guys and how they played last Sunday. cuz Bell really scared me a couple times and i imagine Barkley will too.

stay frosty

: )

8 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

S'mores?

real big ones.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Lets hope he is 110% healthy. from all reports via OBD he is.

Hughes and Lawson played well. so the front 4  rotations are working out nicely.Murphy is a fine asset so far. and a great fit for McD/Frazier

love these guys and how they played last Sunday. cuz Bell really scared me a couple times and i imagine Barkley will too.

stay frosty

: )

real big ones.

Then you need big marshmallows.

10 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

"based on preseason" ... "I [don't] sit around and analyze tape" 

Nice

Didn't  need to look at tape to watch him running past contain on the outside and the Bills getting gouged for runs.. 

Edited by DCofNC

On 9/11/2019 at 6:55 PM, GunnerBill said:

I never pass up the chance to add elite talent for what the Seahawks paid... a 3rd and a 5th? Peanuts. 

Don't get me wrong I like Clowney alot but the 3rd and 5th weren't the issues, it was whether or not he would be a FA in 2020 and his expected contract size.  

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Magox said:

Don't get me wrong I like Clowney alot but the 3rd and 5th weren't the issues, it was whether or not he would be a FA in 2020 and his expected contract size.  

It's good to know that a 3rd and 5th weren't the issue in acquiring a 26 year old huge impact edge player.:rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's good to know that a 3rd and 5th weren't the issue in acquiring a 26 year old huge impact edge player.:rolleyes:

Lets not get carried away, He's really good against the run and a good pass rusher but he's not a huge impact player.    You pay that sort of money that he is wanting for an elite pass rusher, which he is not.

2 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Then you need big marshmallows.

My point exactly.
I have Burning Pitchfork experience a plenty !

43 minutes ago, Magox said:

yep

On 9/11/2019 at 6:58 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Murphy was a bust and waste of money last year. Can't change that fact. But it's a new season and Murphy played well in the second half against the Jets. Lawson outplayed him and I'm still in the Lawson camp. The snaps should be closer to 50/50  not 2/3 1/3 like it was last week. 

Add the fact I don't think Harrison Phillips is any good,  I think there is an opportunity to get Lawson more reps dropping down to DT without taking too many reps away from Murphy.

You do understand that Lawson and Murphy are playing on opposite sides and Lawson is significantly better going in for Hughes on that side.  So if you want more Lawson it is coming by taking Hughes out.  Murphy is being spelled by Johnson - which is why the snap counts are where they are.

Both guys played welled and neither is a complete DE, but they complement the rest of the DL.

Edited by Rochesterfan

31 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He will be a Mario Williams.

Highest paid risk.
I am risk adverse.
looking forward to see what Seahawks can offer him next year.

3 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

You do understand that Lawson and Murphy are playing on opposite sides and Lawson is significantly better going in for Hughes on that side.  So if you want more Lawson it is coming by taking Hughes out.  Murphy is being spelled by Johnson - which is why the snap counts are where they are.

Both guys played welled and neither is a complete DE, but they complement the rest of the DL.

I do feel the sum of the parts are greater as a whole than folks give credit.

and Ethan tends to counter with the negative based on emotion  lol.

Rains alot in Oregon.

and is lonely and cold in Maine. cannot blame him for his semi foul mood i guess

• Haha (+1) 2

On 9/11/2019 at 6:08 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

You did watch the Bills defense last week, right?

I’ll side with what the coaches are doing.

Yes I did and Lawson was better than Murphy. Both played well and both deserve playing time. Im not saying bench Murphy. But with a run heavy Giants team, Lawson should play more snaps. He is a better run defender.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes I did and Lawson was better than Murphy. Both played well and both deserve playing time. Im not saying bench Murphy. But with a run heavy Giants team, Lawson should play more snaps. He is a better run defender.

Yep.  Lawson and Hughes should start at DE; Lawson has earned the spot at this early point with his play last week.  Murphy is a third down/pass rushing/rotational DE at best.

Going to need another solid contain game from Murphy this week. Do NOT let Barkley break contain. Keep him between the tackles and let the middle clog it up. Ill be happy if we see a lot of 2-4 yard gains in the middle instead of 40 yarders that happen when he bounces it outside. 

6 hours ago, snydert317 said:

I met and talked with Trent at training camp this year. He seemed incredibly focused and seemed like he was rearing to go. Hope he has a hell of a year

Everything i read said the same.

Finally healthy and able to play full speed.

Gotta be able to regain trust in your body playing at that level i might imagine

and i to hope he has a great season even if it is complimentary play statistically.

offenses will be picking their poison if Bills D continues to do the tighten up 

Barkley will be a fine test for the LBs and DEs