"The unsung hero and the Bills’ best player — Trent Murphy" - Joe B

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Now Johnson I am buying. I hope that kid can be a diamond in the rough. But I love Clowney and he was one of the best players on the field again Sunday. See Alvin Kamara getting outside on the Texans defense on MNF? Doesn't happen with Clowney still there. He is the real deal. 

But I am encouraged by Murphy (who I have been sceptical of) and Shaq. They both played really well on Sunday. There are not many D-linemen in the NFL I wouldn't swap Clowney for though. 

I just think our rook Oliver makes this all work......QBs cant step up into the pocket so it is giving our ends room to work.   Meatball (god bless him will always be one of my favorite bills players was slippin due to age....Oliver is a monster and it is affecting the productivity of our ends

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I just think our rook Oliver makes this all work......QBs cant step up into the pocket so it is giving our ends room to work.   Meatball (god bless him will always be one of my favorite bills players was slippin due to age....Oliver is a monster and it is affecting the productivity of our ends

Put Clowney outside him.... you might have an unplayable D. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Put Clowney outside him.... you might have an unplayable D. 

Gunner....we are 3rd in the NFL of defense.....just how unplayable do you want us to be :)

What would this team be if we had the defense we have right now AND could score a guranteed 3 Touchdowns a game

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I know, I know!

Bojorquez!

Corey is eventually gonna F up you just know it!

Have your trident at the ready

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Murphy was a bust and waste of money last year. Can't change that fact. But it's a new season and Murphy played well in the second half against the Jets. Lawson outplayed him and I'm still in the Lawson camp. The snaps should be closer to 50/50  not 2/3 1/3 like it was last week. 

Add the fact I don't think Harrison Phillips is any good,  I think there is an opportunity to get Lawson more reps dropping down to DT without taking too many reps away from Murphy.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Murphy was a bust and waste of money last year. Can't change that fact. But it's a new season and Murphy played well in the second half against the Jets. Lawson outplayed him and I'm still in the Lawson camp. The snaps should be closer to 50/50  not 2/3 1/3 like it was last week. 

Add the fact I don't think Harrison Phillips is any good,  I think there is an opportunity to get Lawson more reps dropping down to DT without taking too many reps away from Murphy.

You did watch the Bills defense last week, right?

I’ll side with what the coaches are doing.

• Like (+1) 1

I gave Trent Murphy one of my game balls Sunday, thought he was 2nd best D on the field next to Shaq.  He was always around the ball and handling his bidness on the edge.  Bell didn't get outside and go wild like we thought he might.  Dude was solid and looks to be finally fully healed from the knee injury.  Those types of injuries take time, often more than a year.  I'm glad we got him.

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Based on preseason where he routinely blew contain, its surprising to see he had such success at it.  I'm not going to sit around and analyze tape, but I wonder if this is all valid or an agenda being pushed by the author.

"based on preseason" ... "I [don't] sit around and analyze tape" 

Nice

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3