Browns DE Chris Smith’s Lamborghini crashed on 90W this morning, after he reported a tire blew, girlfriend killed

PlayoffsPlease

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So if I got it, the tire blew, they got out of the car and were standing waiting for help, and another car struck and killed her?

Yikes.  Awful.

That is why you don't stand by the car.  Get 50 feet away from the highway....across the ditch if necessary, and watch what happens.  Don't be near the car.

Lambo....maybe north of 80?

That is really sad news, heart goes out to him and her family, 

1 minute ago, bigK14094 said:

That is why you don't stand by the car.  Get 50 feet away from the highway....across the ditch if necessary, and watch what happens.  Don't be near the car.

Without knowing the locale, I’m not judging.

As general advice yours is sound,  but there are highways with no good place to go and others where getting away from your car gets you into another package of issues 

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Lambo....maybe north of 80?

Nope - you stay right in the car as long as the car is not on fire.  Wait for the emergency team to help slow down the traffic and get them to move over.

The instinct is to get out and check things out, but you are safest in the car surrounded by metal.

What a tragedy and you just hate to see this - my heart goes out to them.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, RU5781 said:

Oh man...just saw the woman who hit her was drinking. She blew a 0.08. 

Send her away. I know the guilt of living with this is a punishment in of itself, but she needs to be locked up for a long time. 

Why are so many people in our society so damn selfish? 

11 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Browns DE Chris Smith’s Lamborghini crashed on 90W this morning, after he reported a tire blew. Police say Smith and his girlfriend, Petara Cordero, were standing in the berm when another car hit and killed Cordero.

Thats terrible, died for nothing. People need to pay attention when they're driving.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Thats terrible, died for nothing. People need to pay attention when they're driving.

Very tragic indeed, her family will never have peace for the rest of their lives because of such a selfish, senseless, and careless act.  

We need affordable driverless car, there are just far too many distracted/drunk/and just downright terrible drivers out there.

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Very tragic indeed, her family will never have peace for the rest of their lives because of such a selfish, senseless, and careless act.  

We need affordable driverless car, there are just far too many distracted/drunk/and just downright terrible drivers out there.

i dont trust driverless cars either, i believe someone got hit and killed by one last year.  

a little off topic but what we really need is a full roll cage designed into cars so way less people die in car accidents.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i dont trust driverless cars either, i believe someone got hit and killed by one last year.  

a little off topic but what we really need is a full roll cage designed into cars so way less people die in car accidents.

It's a catch 22, because of incidents like this I don't trust drivers either.  I get that the technology isn't perfect yet, but once it get's "close enough", hopefully it becomes a standard option so if somebody is drunk and makes the poor decision to drive, atleast hopefully they are smart enough to turn on auto pilot.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Agreed. Title is poorly written and misleading.

This story sucks all the way around. Someone reported drivers BAC was .08. I remember a recent thread where several posters claim that having that BAC is harmless, with some claiming that they drive more safely when they have been drinking. Quit it. This stuff is senseless, selfish, and stupid. 

Condolences to the deceased and her family. 

Nobody said it was harmless. The argument was that texting and driving is just as, if not more,  dangerous.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Nobody said it was harmless. The argument was that texting and driving is just as, if not more,  dangerous.

I wasn’t just referring to your weirdly worded “poll” where you strangely tried to minimize DUI by pitting  it against texting...

There have been other threads where posters chimed in and claimed DUI was not really a big deal. I can justify in my mind those responses as from someone who’s just plain ignorant. Yours? You claim to be/have been a cop...so, it was just weird. 

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I wasn’t just referring to your weirdly worded “poll” where you strangely tried to minimize DUI by pitting  it against texting...

There have been other threads where posters chimed in and claimed DUI was not really a big deal. I can justify in my mind those responses as from someone who’s just plain ignorant. Yours? You claim to be/have been a cop...so, it was just weird. 

do you really think that's what he was trying to do?  come on...

people just have to realize you can't be anywhere near the side of a road.  a lot of drivers  just aren't paying attention.  I knew a man who lost his grandson this way.  in this instance, the kids saw an accident, pulled over to help, and was hit by a distracted driver, (driver who didn't see him, etc).

Edited by teef

19 minutes ago, teef said:

do you really think that's what he was trying to do?  come on...

people just have to realize you can't be anywhere near the side of a road.  a lot of drivers  just aren't paying attention.  I knew a man who lost his grandson this way.  in this instance, the kids saw an accident, pulled over to help, and was hit by a distracted driver, (driver who didn't see him, etc).

Agree. I lost my g/f in 2002 from this.She was baby sitting a couple of 6 or 7 yr old kids and they left their bikes close by the road, she went to go get them and an older couple basically just destroyed her. Something I'll never forget. So you never know when someone may not be paying attention, drunk, of just and older driver who probably has no business behind the wheel anymore.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Agree. I lost my g/f in 2002 from this.She was baby sitting a couple of 6 or 7 yr old kids and they left their bikes close by the road, she went to go get them and an older couple basically just destroyed her. Something I'll never forget. So you never know when someone may not be paying attention, drunk, of just and older driver who probably has no business behind the wheel anymore.

oh man duff.   that's tragic.  the elderly is something that needs to be dealt with as well, and this is someone who has parents that will turn 80 this year.  a couple of months ago my wife and i were driving down a main road, probably going 55-60.  there's a large office park on that road, and we had the green light.  well...we watched a gentleman who was well into his 80s drive towards the light a bit too fast.  this guy had no intention on slowing.  instead of stopping at his red light, he just turned in front of us full speed.  we could see the entire thing happening so we could avoid it, but i would have slammed right into his drivers side, and likely killed him considering how frail he was.  the guy had no business driving.  he wasn't texting, i can't imagine he had been drinking...he was just incapable.