Browns DE Chris Smith’s Lamborghini crashed on 90W this morning, after he reported a tire blew, girlfriend killed

PlayoffsPlease

A company I used to work for did not allow us to stop to help stranded motorists for this very reason: we lost a co-worker doing it. 

This is beyond terrible. When you see a car on the side of the road, slow down and give them as wide a berth as possible. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Yes  I deleted the post after I read what actually happened.  Title of this thread is to the best choice of wording to describe the incident.

Agreed. Title is poorly written and misleading.

This story sucks all the way around. Someone reported drivers BAC was .08. I remember a recent thread where several posters claim that having that BAC is harmless, with some claiming that they drive more safely when they have been drinking. Quit it. This stuff is senseless, selfish, and stupid. 

Condolences to the deceased and her family. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

They were standing on the side of the road after a tire blew...tires blow on cars regardless of bhp or skill driving on a track.  Read what's in the thread.

I gotcha...I just read the title only and it does read like he crashed his sports car killing his girlfriend.

7 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Absolutely horrible please people if your car breaks down on the side of the highway get as far away from it as you can see this happen way too many times

yep.

not a comparison. but my car caught on fire. and folks were blowing by me at 70 as  was running around it trying to put it out. nearly got killed more couple times over fifteen minutes

get off the road. the shoulder is no longer a safe spot.

sorry to tangent here.

crazy stuff happens on the roadways these days. night and day

• Like (+1) 1

Cordero and Smith were pulled over to the side of the highway after Smith’s vehicle had a tire malfunction, resulting in a one-car accident as the vehicle entered a spin and ultimately hit the median. After exiting the car without significant injuries, Cordero was struck by an oncoming vehicle. Cleveland Police and paramedics arrived on scene shortly after the incident.  

Smith and Cordero recently celebrated the birth of their daughter, Haven Harris Smith. Smith was excused from the Browns-Colts preseason game so that he was able to attend the birth.

This is horrible., You know damn well the 1st thin he did after the accident is look at his girlfriend and ask if she was alright. They get out of the car to survey the damage and bam she's dead.

they just had a kid and he missed a preseason game to attend the birth. This is tragic. I can not imagine the pain this man feels right now

Edited by ddaryl

27 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Absolutely horrible please people if your car breaks down on the side of the highway get as far away from it as you can see this happen way too many times

Also never stand in front of your car on a highway. Stand behind the car because if someone clips the car its going to wipe you out if your in front of it. Common sense to many, but I still see people standing in front of their disabled cars on the side of the road

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

we forget sometimes

i do hate being reminded how petty i can be 

I know...any little problems that we invent for ourselves become trivial compared to this. Poor young lady struck down in the spring time of her life.

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

I know...any little problems that we invent for ourselves become trivial compared to this. Poor young lady struck down in the spring time of her life.

and how it cascades to the one left to pick up the pieces. Takes a hell of a lot of strength.