What Giants fans are saying about our Buffalo Bills

Wayne Arnold

14 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Today heard that Peter Schaefer dork on NFLN Good Morning Football say the Jets dominated for 3 quarters.....so we all know the NYC media has blinders on and so do their fans. Outside of the turnovers and crappy field starts, we pretty much owned yardage the whole game over the Jets. I expect the same over the Giants. Let’s just keep letting everyone underestimate us. 

Midway through the 3rd quarter it was an 8-3 game and the Jets offense had yet to score any points.  I guess we all have our definition of domination.

• Like (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Today heard that Peter Schaefer dork on NFLN Good Morning Football say the Jets dominated for 3 quarters.....so we all know the NYC media has blinders on and so do their fans. Outside of the turnovers and crappy field starts, we pretty much owned yardage the whole game over the Jets. I expect the same over the Giants. Let’s just keep letting everyone underestimate us. 

Do you mean Schrager?

3 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

The Giants almost had 500yrds offense vs a very good Cowboys defense so be humble This isn’t the NY Jets think some are just going with what the media is saying 

a winnable game for sure but it will be a harder game with the Giants they should play harder then they did last week home opener coming off a loss 

A lot of that was garbage time. Some of it wasn't though. They were moving the ball pretty consistently.

Giants are 8-25 since 2016    They just gave up 405 yards to Dak Prescott and three of the tds the receiver was open by close to 10 yards.  No pressure at all on Dak.  Bills defense from what I saw is better than the Cowboys for sure on the back end .  Giants put up 10 till garbage time very late.  This shapes up to be Allen's first career 300+ yard passing game.  Saquon is a beast but Shurmur likes to outsmart himself and use Saquon as a decoy/misdirection in critical moments.  Personally I'd give Saquon 30+ touches and every time in the red zone but Shurmur loves to get cute

6 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I’m always interested in seeing the other perspective of the upcoming matchup. Here’s what some Giants fans are saying...

Our offense should be able to handle them and score some points 

The Giants proved last week against a better D than what the Bills have that they can move the ball and score.

In addition to his two interceptions and two fumbles, Allen's accuracy was erratic.

This is a game we have the talent to win.  Buffalo is not the type of offense that is going to carve you up in the passing game, like a Dallas/KC/Philly/New Orleans type.

This game will likely turn on how accurate Allen is on Sunday. I have no idea how to predict Allen's play. He's simply erratic.

Eli already knows how Belichick beats them twice every year; he'll be ready to copy that.

Giants don't need S.Shepard to win this game, AND it's a great chance for their 5th WR to shine (with Shepard and Tate out, I think that would be either R.Shepard or D.Slayton).

Our lack of pressure may prove to be a good thing, for once, as up to now Josh Allen has been a much greater threat running with the ball than throwing it.  And i am only half kidding.

Barkley is going to have a career day on Sunday.

IMHO Josh Allen looks lost! Thank god the Giants didn't take him! He was horrible on Sunday! Which is why the Jets loss is even more puzzling!!!

I don’t think our defense is good but let’s not pretend like Josh Allen is good either. So far he's a below average QB that can run.

I'm no Prescott fan, but he's certainly better than Allen, has a better OL than Allen, a better RB than Allen, and better targets than Allen.

Allen had 4 turnovers. He got lucky the Jets Kicker missed an XP & FG.

Jets, Bills, and Dolphins look to be picking top 10 this year.

These guys are morons.  I thought we were homers.  They are going to get destroyed and dont even have a clue.

6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

So Eli and BB are buddies?  I wasn't aware of that.

The Giants and Patriots owners are very close. Since 2005, the Giants and the Patriots have close out their preseason against each other.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/05/sports/football/three-football-families-linked-by-philosophies.html

6 hours ago, Say When... said:

i don't even know what that means

See my post above. Kraft and the Giants co-owners: Mara and Tisch are super close.

Edited by class_of_2012

7 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

I dunno...my Giants fan buddy is already calling Sunday a probable L. Of course, that was Sunday night, after they got Dakked..

Yeah. I DO NOT like this situation AT ALL. Reminds me way too much of the Jets TNF game a couple years back.

1 hour ago, class_of_2012 said:

The Giants and Patriots owners are very close. Since 2005, the Giants and the Patriots have close out their preseason against each other.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/05/sports/football/three-football-families-linked-by-philosophies.html

See my post above. Kraft and the Giants co-owners: Mara and Tisch are super close.

While that's true, I don't think it translates down to BB sharing game strategy with anyone.....much less a guy who beat him twice in Super Bowls.

2 hours ago, Locomark said:

I understand your point...we moved the ball on O and we kept them in check on D. 

But ignoring our 4 TO and their impact on our team's O is kind of "Other than THAT, Mrs Lincoln, How did you like the play?" territory.  Just the sheer fact of having achieved/forced/collected 4 TO is reasonable to interpret as domination.

I'm happy for us to be understimated though.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RememberTheRockpile said:

Here are few more quotes:

One Giant fan referring to Josh:

"I'd trade all of our QBs right now for him"

Another Giant fan said:

"Their defense is also underrated and top-notch. Their defense is what kept them in that game and the offense won it late. Underestimating any aspect of the Bills is just a bad idea."

Another who appears to have watched Josh play:
"I like Allen. I think he has a chance to be really good."

This Giant fan is paying attention:

"4 4th qrt game winning drives in only 12 starts . he has it , dont listen to fans saying he is a bad qb, they just want the Saquan pic to look better(which he is a great player no doubt)

they want to make it seem there was no other QB to take, not even close to true , there may be 4 franchise qb's in that draft."

Please provide a link to their page.

11 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I’m always interested in seeing the other perspective of the upcoming matchup. Here’s what some Giants fans are saying...

Our offense should be able to handle them and score some points 

The Giants proved last week against a better D than what the Bills have that they can move the ball and score.

In addition to his two interceptions and two fumbles, Allen's accuracy was erratic.

This is a game we have the talent to win.  Buffalo is not the type of offense that is going to carve you up in the passing game, like a Dallas/KC/Philly/New Orleans type.

This game will likely turn on how accurate Allen is on Sunday. I have no idea how to predict Allen's play. He's simply erratic.

Eli already knows how Belichick beats them twice every year; he'll be ready to copy that.

Giants don't need S.Shepard to win this game, AND it's a great chance for their 5th WR to shine (with Shepard and Tate out, I think that would be either R.Shepard or D.Slayton).

Our lack of pressure may prove to be a good thing, for once, as up to now Josh Allen has been a much greater threat running with the ball than throwing it.  And i am only half kidding.

Barkley is going to have a career day on Sunday.

IMHO Josh Allen looks lost! Thank god the Giants didn't take him! He was horrible on Sunday! Which is why the Jets loss is even more puzzling!!!

I don’t think our defense is good but let’s not pretend like Josh Allen is good either. So far he's a below average QB that can run.

I'm no Prescott fan, but he's certainly better than Allen, has a better OL than Allen, a better RB than Allen, and better targets than Allen.

Allen had 4 turnovers. He got lucky the Jets Kicker missed an XP & FG.

Jets, Bills, and Dolphins look to be picking top 10 this year.

Yes, "That's how FALL we've fallen.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Giants are 8-25 since 2016    They just gave up 405 yards to Dak Prescott and three of the tds the receiver was open by close to 10 yards.  No pressure at all on Dak.  Bills defense from what I saw is better than the Cowboys for sure on the back end .  Giants put up 10 till garbage time very late.  This shapes up to be Allen's first career 300+ yard passing game.  Saquon is a beast but Shurmur likes to outsmart himself and use Saquon as a decoy/misdirection in critical moments.  Personally I'd give Saquon 30+ touches and every time in the red zone but Shurmur loves to get cute

Thanks for the link.  I was feeling lost.

There was only 1 true statement in that entire post that was true IMHO the one that said "The Bills were lucky that the kicker missed a extra point & a field goal" if he would have hit those it would have been a different ball game !

I'm not saying it wasn't a good come from behind win but f Allen does allow those 3 rather 4 INT's it is much easier to digest, yes he did bring us back & was clutch when he needed to be but i think he will learn & get better as the year progresses & the O line gels a bit more .

Let them all continue to think that way i would rather have them over confident in them selves & think that of us because thats when they least expect what the Bills will be bringing !! Especially on the D & this week we will see what they are made of this is the best back in the league !!