What Giants fans are saying about our Buffalo Bills

Wayne Arnold

19 hours ago, Westside Madness said:

Barkley worries me. Part because we have in recent years been horrible vs. the run. Part of why our passing defense has recently been rated so high is there were seasons where teams didn't need to do anything but run against us. So, its a built in fear. That being said, those teams are not this team.

Also, I watched highlights of his running style. He looks like the Hulk dancing around the super friends. He is huge, powerful and has moves. There were plays where Bell was getting yards after it appeared we had him. I expect Barkley to do more damage if our tackling doesn't improve (appears to be a focus in practice this week).

I think our pass defense vs. Eli will scare Shurmur. He will run Barkley all day and/or screens to Barkley. While they supposedly have a better O-line, Eli is less mobile than Darnold. I think those aspects cancel each other out.

On offense, I think as long as we play mistake free football, Daboll can call an effective game (did I really just type that?).

End result, I don't think Barkley can alone carry them to a win, so unless we lose the turnover battle again, I think we win by 4.

I know game plans change week to week but to me I think they need to really attack the LOS and focus on contain.  Eli isn't leaving the pocket. Keep Barkley between the tackles and let the back 4 clean up.  Don't need to focus on zone too much until 3rd and long in the secondary since their WRs are sub par at the moment. Spy on Engram, play more man coverage on their WRs and keep Saquon in front of you.

10 minutes ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Would also like us to dominate in our home opener.  Haven't been to home game in almost 20yrs so I'm excited like a little kid!

We dominate the tailgate (at Hammer's Lot) every year - it's a CAN'T MISS!! :beer: 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm curious about the reasoning behind this one.

20 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Right??? It’s not like we just stifled an elite back last Sunday..... oh wait... 

Hopefully it's similar to crowders historic/career day. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/11/jamison-crowders-oddly-historic-debut-indicates-how-jets-will-use-him/amp/

On 9/12/2019 at 8:29 PM, DCofNC said:

Eli could Shred this secondary, he was dropping dimes against Dallas and NO Im not kidding.  He was playing well, that O is going to be solid this year.  The D, this far a joke.   Depends on which Bills team gets on the bus.

The New York Giant Killer team got on the bus!

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/11/2019 at 2:45 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

I’m always interested in seeing the other perspective of the upcoming matchup. Here’s what some Giants fans are saying...

Our offense should be able to handle them and score some points 

The Giants proved last week against a better D than what the Bills have that they can move the ball and score.

In addition to his two interceptions and two fumbles, Allen's accuracy was erratic.

This is a game we have the talent to win.  Buffalo is not the type of offense that is going to carve you up in the passing game, like a Dallas/KC/Philly/New Orleans type.

This game will likely turn on how accurate Allen is on Sunday. I have no idea how to predict Allen's play. He's simply erratic.

Eli already knows how Belichick beats them twice every year; he'll be ready to copy that.

Giants don't need S.Shepard to win this game, AND it's a great chance for their 5th WR to shine (with Shepard and Tate out, I think that would be either R.Shepard or D.Slayton).

Our lack of pressure may prove to be a good thing, for once, as up to now Josh Allen has been a much greater threat running with the ball than throwing it.  And i am only half kidding.

Barkley is going to have a career day on Sunday.

IMHO Josh Allen looks lost! Thank god the Giants didn't take him! He was horrible on Sunday! Which is why the Jets loss is even more puzzling!!!

I don’t think our defense is good but let’s not pretend like Josh Allen is good either. So far he's a below average QB that can run.

I'm no Prescott fan, but he's certainly better than Allen, has a better OL than Allen, a better RB than Allen, and better targets than Allen.

Allen had 4 turnovers. He got lucky the Jets Kicker missed an XP & FG.

Jets, Bills, and Dolphins look to be picking top 10 this year.

To be real though, most Giants fans feel they can compete for the #1 pick with the Dolphins. Boy, that game will be a stinker...

17 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I did say please....

Passing on Allen has us all feeling sad

Allen is impressive.

Allen is making throws and plays Eli cannot

Lol, there's that ***** defense that we know and loathe.

Now the Bills are driving down the field. As expected. Start out strong. Eli then takes us on a wonderful 3 and out, killing momentum...defense gets lit up

Eli really should have had that shoulder shrug trademarked years ago.

but you told me Allen is a bad qb

With the #2 pick in the 2020 draft the Giants take ________

I am praying Jones isnt a miss... otherwise this is not gonna be better for a long time. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Tiffany980 said:

To be real though, most Giants fans feel they can compete for the #1 pick with the Dolphins. Boy, that game will be a stinker...

To be real, I know a few Giants fans and they don't feel that way.

They're not optimistic, but you're assertion sounds like something a Patriots fan would project on them.

14 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

To be real, I know a few Giants fans and they don't feel that way.

They're not optimistic, but you're assertion sounds like something a Patriots fan would project on them.

I know many Giants fans too. My brother and his friends who live west of the CT River in CT for example. They think their team stinks nearly as bad as the Dolphins. I don't know what to tell you...

On 9/12/2019 at 8:29 PM, DCofNC said:

Eli could Shred this secondary, he was dropping dimes against Dallas and NO Im not kidding.  He was playing well, that O is going to be solid this year.  The D, this far a joke.   Depends on which Bills team gets on the bus.

This aged well.

15 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

I know many Giants fans too. My brother and his friends who live west of the CT River in CT for example. They think their team stinks nearly as bad as the Dolphins. I don't know what to tell you...

Lets just say all the fans of said team do NOT have the same opinion.

The Giants are who we thought they were. They are a lower tiered team in a transition year. They are kind of similar to the Bills last year where they are eating a lot of dead cap and setting themselves up to build around a young QB. They have some talent on offense but outside of Barkley they are not dynamic there. Their defense is terrible esp their secondary which will be bottom 3 in the league by seasons end. 

The Giants aren't completely talentless but they will win 5 or less games this year. The Bills need to get off to a hot start and they had to win these games in order to get fat before they have that harder stretch of games coming up later in the season (also Pats/Titans is not an easy pair of games coming up.)