What Giants fans are saying about our Buffalo Bills

Wayne Arnold

55 minutes ago, eball said:

Let's face it, most football fans are unabashed homers.  By a wide margin.  That's one of the reasons why this site is so good -- I mean, we have ongoing arguments among fans who don't want to be labeled homers and fans who seem to actually hate the team.  If anything, we go overboard to analyze why the Bills will probably come up short.  There's very little of the "we'll win because we're great and they suck" sort of stuff that seems to populate most of these other sites.

Giants fans are entitled.  They're a historic franchise, they've won three SBs, and they can't face reality when they're not in the mix.  It's unfathomable to them that their team is an underdog to...BUFFALO...in their home opener.

Correct.  Also, most fans do not follow the rest of the league nearly as close as they follow their own.  The result is many of us highly over value or under estimate our own personnel.  Us fans largely get our info on the rest of the league from the same talking heads that we are 99% sure know nothing about our team.  The rest is based on checking box scores, following fantasy outcomes, and watching Sports Center for the typical fan.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I like the quote about how Dallas has a better D- I have friends who state our D is better but their Offense is much better- and as of today they are correct.

Dallas might have a better D. It's the strength of their team and one of the best in the league.

The Giants almost had 500yrds offense vs a very good Cowboys defense so be humble This isn’t the NY Jets think some are just going with what the media is saying 

a winnable game for sure but it will be a harder game with the Giants they should play harder then they did last week home opener coming off a loss 

• Like (+1) 1

Here are few more quotes:

One Giant fan referring to Josh:

"I'd trade all of our QBs right now for him"

Another Giant fan said:

"Their defense is also underrated and top-notch. Their defense is what kept them in that game and the offense won it late. Underestimating any aspect of the Bills is just a bad idea."

Another who appears to have watched Josh play:
"I like Allen. I think he has a chance to be really good."

This Giant fan is paying attention:

"4 4th qrt game winning drives in only 12 starts . he has it , dont listen to fans saying he is a bad qb, they just want the Saquan pic to look better(which he is a great player no doubt)

they want to make it seem there was no other QB to take, not even close to true , there may be 4 franchise qb's in that draft."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Today heard that Peter Schaefer dork on NFLN Good Morning Football say the Jets dominated for 3 quarters.....so we all know the NYC media has blinders on and so do their fans. Outside of the turnovers and crappy field starts, we pretty much owned yardage the whole game over the Jets. I expect the same over the Giants. Let’s just keep letting everyone underestimate us. 

Barkley worries me. Part because we have in recent years been horrible vs. the run. Part of why our passing defense has recently been rated so high is there were seasons where teams didn't need to do anything but run against us. So, its a built in fear. That being said, those teams are not this team.

Also, I watched highlights of his running style. He looks like the Hulk dancing around the super friends. He is huge, powerful and has moves. There were plays where Bell was getting yards after it appeared we had him. I expect Barkley to do more damage if our tackling doesn't improve (appears to be a focus in practice this week).

I think our pass defense vs. Eli will scare Shurmur. He will run Barkley all day and/or screens to Barkley. While they supposedly have a better O-line, Eli is less mobile than Darnold. I think those aspects cancel each other out.

On offense, I think as long as we play mistake free football, Daboll can call an effective game (did I really just type that?).

End result, I don't think Barkley can alone carry them to a win, so unless we lose the turnover battle again, I think we win by 4.