What Giants fans are saying about our Buffalo Bills

Wayne Arnold

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Let's face it, most football fans are unabashed homers.  By a wide margin.  That's one of the reasons why this site is so good -- I mean, we have ongoing arguments among fans who don't want to be labeled homers and fans who seem to actually hate the team.  If anything, we go overboard to analyze why the Bills will probably come up short.  There's very little of the "we'll win because we're great and they suck" sort of stuff that seems to populate most of these other sites.

Giants fans are entitled.  They're a historic franchise, they've won three SBs, and they can't face reality when they're not in the mix.  It's unfathomable to them that their team is an underdog to...BUFFALO...in their home opener.

This is one game that I really want to see the Bills dominate from start to finish!!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Exactly.  They are doing nothing most folks here aren't doing. 

Bias towards the home team.  It's what sports fans do.

I actually agree with a lot of the quoted excerpts in the OP.  

Not sure the Giant offense will have a ton of success against our D though...that one stood out as a bit far fetched.

I know you're a born cynic with these Bills bro, but I look forward to your eventual transformation as this year unfolds! :)

Well I'm certainly not confident. I don't know how any of us can go in thinking we have an easy win against any team other than perhaps the Dolphins. Yes, we showed that we have a good defense, but in this day and age good defenses aren't enough. Our offense has to show an ability to take care of the football and put up points, something we haven't seen the past couple of years.

I will pick the Bills to win, but I would not be shocked if the Giants come out (on their home opener) and make a statement.

I want to see the Bills string together a few convincing wins before I start getting comfortable. Not just one week, but multiple.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well I'm certainly not confident. I don't know how any of us can go in thinking we have an easy win against any team other than perhaps the Dolphins. Yes, we showed that we have a good defense, but in this day and age good defenses aren't enough. Our offense has to show an ability to take care of the football and put up points, something we haven't seen the past couple of years.

I will pick the Bills to win, but I would not be shocked if the Giants come out (on their home opener) and make a statement.

I want to see the Bills string together a few convincing wins before I start getting comfortable. Not just one week, but multiple.

Was about to say the same.  As a Bills fan I'm never going to assume a win.  This is their home opener and they are underdogs.  These are the games the Bills need to win though to make the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Obviously I could be wrong here, but take away the 4 turnovers, and I think the bills win that game by 12.

Having said that, I don't think the giants are gonna be a blowout win. I do think the bills win, but probably like 20-13. I think the giants will put up a good fight. Who knows though, maybe the bills are really good this season 

• Like (+1) 1

I do not see us making season opener mistakes like we did last week. I also don't see the Bills having much issue with the Giants on both sides of the ball.

We are the better team, I, unlike others here, will assume a win

I've had my suspicions in the past but now I'm convinced,...there is something wrong with the water in New Jersey.

The Bills are going to have a better home record than the Jets and Giants before they even get to New Era Field. 

We may have to rename the Meadowlands after this weekend.

How does St John Fisher Stadium sound? I find it appropriate since that's where we practice before the actual games begin.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Obviously I could be wrong here, but take away the 4 turnovers, and I think the bills win that game by 12.

Having said that, I don't think the giants are gonna be a blowout win. I do think the bills win, but probably like 20-13. I think the giants will put up a good fight. Who knows though, maybe the bills are really good this season 

Lots of factors determine how a game ends up.  Yes, the Jets got a lot of good bounces in the first half but I'm not focused on the margin of victory.  I'm focused on knowing what my eyes showed me -- the Bills pretty clearly outplayed the Jets from start to finish in that game.

Prior to W1 if you asked a panel of NFL experts which NJ team -- the Jets or Giants -- would be better this season, I think at least 7 of 10 would have said the Jets.

There's no reason to think the Bills can't outplay the Giants for 60 minutes on Sunday -- and maybe some of those bounces will go our way this week.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I’m always interested in seeing the other perspective of the upcoming matchup. Here’s what some Giants fans are saying...

Our offense should be able to handle them and score some points 

The Giants proved last week against a better D than what the Bills have that they can move the ball and score.

In addition to his two interceptions and two fumbles, Allen's accuracy was erratic.

This is a game we have the talent to win.  Buffalo is not the type of offense that is going to carve you up in the passing game, like a Dallas/KC/Philly/New Orleans type.

This game will likely turn on how accurate Allen is on Sunday. I have no idea how to predict Allen's play. He's simply erratic.

Eli already knows how Belichick beats them twice every year; he'll be ready to copy that.

Giants don't need S.Shepard to win this game, AND it's a great chance for their 5th WR to shine (with Shepard and Tate out, I think that would be either R.Shepard or D.Slayton).

Our lack of pressure may prove to be a good thing, for once, as up to now Josh Allen has been a much greater threat running with the ball than throwing it.  And i am only half kidding.

Barkley is going to have a career day on Sunday.

IMHO Josh Allen looks lost! Thank god the Giants didn't take him! He was horrible on Sunday! Which is why the Jets loss is even more puzzling!!!

I don’t think our defense is good but let’s not pretend like Josh Allen is good either. So far he's a below average QB that can run.

I'm no Prescott fan, but he's certainly better than Allen, has a better OL than Allen, a better RB than Allen, and better targets than Allen.

Allen had 4 turnovers. He got lucky the Jets Kicker missed an XP & FG.

Jets, Bills, and Dolphins look to be picking top 10 this year.

I like the quote about how Dallas has a better D- I have friends who state our D is better but their Offense is much better- and as of today they are correct.

24 of 37 (64.8%)

254 yards

1 TD

2 INTs

Not sure how that's horrible erratic or inaccurate. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

It’s Ok because Eli and the Hoodie do.....

The Bills will get no respect from opposing fans until they earn the respect of other fans.  

This is true, but seriously they are NYG fans, what the hell has that team shown the past 2 seasons that they can go out on talk ***** about anyone else?