What Giants fans are saying about our Buffalo Bills

Wayne Arnold

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Most NFL fans who post on message boards have no clue what they're talking about...including me, you and the horse you rode in on.

It's true, but somehow this thread has drives that home.  The Jets fans are pretty douschy, but somehow not as unrealistic about their team as the Giants fans.  I'd hate to think that we come across this way to fans of other teams that come here for a giggle before their games against Buffalo but all of a sudden I'm very self conscious. 

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Here is some of what I saw on one of the NYG Blogs just now:

5BowlsSoon : 11:06 am : link
I noticed they were #15 in rushing yards allowed, 115 per game (155 per game last 3 weeks).
??????

I'm very confused by this.  We've just played Game 1.  How can we be #15 in rushing yards last 3 weeks?  Where are they pulling the stats for the other 2 weeks from?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Seems to be cherry picked quotes just to make this thread

What's.   Your.   Point?  :nana:

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Think that refers to defense stats from last yr

You're kidding.  They're pulling in stats from last year to make judgements about our D this year?

Isn't there a famous quote about a member of the '70s 4x Superbowl Champs who told his teammates next season "Better take off those rings and put 'em on the shelf, boys, they won't help us this year"

48 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Its lucky for us that Giants fans are homers and not astute analysts like Bills fans. 

Exactly.  They are doing nothing most folks here aren't doing. 

Bias towards the home team.  It's what sports fans do.

I actually agree with a lot of the quoted excerpts in the OP.  

Not sure the Giant offense will have a ton of success against our D though...that one stood out as a bit far fetched.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Not sure the Giant offense will have a ton of success against our D though...that one stood out as a bit far fetched.

Last year the Bills struggled against power running games.  Saquon will be a good test of progress on that front

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

We won last week (in their house actually) and they lost. This week we have mocking rights. We are fully exercising that right pursuant to the 37th amendment to the USA Constitution. 

• Like (+1) 1

Let's face it, most football fans are unabashed homers.  By a wide margin.  That's one of the reasons why this site is so good -- I mean, we have ongoing arguments among fans who don't want to be labeled homers and fans who seem to actually hate the team.  If anything, we go overboard to analyze why the Bills will probably come up short.  There's very little of the "we'll win because we're great and they suck" sort of stuff that seems to populate most of these other sites.

Giants fans are entitled.  They're a historic franchise, they've won three SBs, and they can't face reality when they're not in the mix.  It's unfathomable to them that their team is an underdog to...BUFFALO...in their home opener.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Are they really that far off?

Not sure what you mean.  No, I don't think they are that far off.

Like that Bills success will hinge on how good Allen is.  That's 100% true.

1 minute ago, eball said:

Let's face it, most football fans are unabashed homers.  By a wide margin.  That's one of the reasons why this site is so good -- I mean, we have ongoing arguments among fans who don't want to be labeled homers and fans who seem to actually hate the team.  If anything, we go overboard to analyze why the Bills will probably come up short.  There's very little of the "we'll win because we're great and they suck" sort of stuff that seems to populate most of these other sites.

Giants fans are entitled.  They're a historic franchise, they've won three SBs, and they can't face reality when they're not in the mix.  It's unfathomable to them that their team is an underdog to...BUFFALO...in their home opener.

Agree totally with the bolded.  I think most franchises in the league would feel the same about being an underdog to Buffalo at home.