What Giants fans are saying about our Buffalo Bills

Wayne Arnold

I’m always interested in seeing the other perspective of the upcoming matchup. Here’s what some Giants fans are saying...

Our offense should be able to handle them and score some points 

The Giants proved last week against a better D than what the Bills have that they can move the ball and score.

In addition to his two interceptions and two fumbles, Allen's accuracy was erratic.

This is a game we have the talent to win.  Buffalo is not the type of offense that is going to carve you up in the passing game, like a Dallas/KC/Philly/New Orleans type.

This game will likely turn on how accurate Allen is on Sunday. I have no idea how to predict Allen's play. He's simply erratic.

Eli already knows how Belichick beats them twice every year; he'll be ready to copy that.

Giants don't need S.Shepard to win this game, AND it's a great chance for their 5th WR to shine (with Shepard and Tate out, I think that would be either R.Shepard or D.Slayton).

Our lack of pressure may prove to be a good thing, for once, as up to now Josh Allen has been a much greater threat running with the ball than throwing it.  And i am only half kidding.

Barkley is going to have a career day on Sunday.

IMHO Josh Allen looks lost! Thank god the Giants didn't take him! He was horrible on Sunday! Which is why the Jets loss is even more puzzling!!!

I don’t think our defense is good but let’s not pretend like Josh Allen is good either. So far he's a below average QB that can run.

I'm no Prescott fan, but he's certainly better than Allen, has a better OL than Allen, a better RB than Allen, and better targets than Allen.

Allen had 4 turnovers. He got lucky the Jets Kicker missed an XP & FG.

Jets, Bills, and Dolphins look to be picking top 10 this year.

• Haha (+1) 23
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Giants have same weaknesses as Jets - no viable pass rush and bad corners.  Minus 1 to two top receivers (Tate/Shephard?) for game and have a very immobile QB.  Expect to see Barkley used in every facet of game save kicking.  

Allen may have first 300 yd game as a pro.  See the TEs down the seam emerging on SUN

After reading the comments from Giants fans, I have to wonder how many are living in their parents basement, waiting for their spaghetti-o's to cool down. All the Giants fans I know are expecting the Bills defense to light Eli up, and even noticed how accurate JA was against the jets. The key for us Sunday will be if we can keep Barkely in check. I would hope that offensively we have our way and put the game out of reach early. Dallas made the Giants one dimensional because of their big lead so early in the game. I would feel much better if the Bills did the same.

• Like (+1) 3

These are the two that have some merit.  Most of the rest are just wishful thinking.  It's a good test for our defense as they get to play arguably two of the top three or four RB's in the league the first two weeks.  The Giants O-line is improved from last year but that's about it.  Their WR group is thin especially is Shepard doesn't play.

This is a game we have the talent to win.  Buffalo is not the type of offense that is going to carve you up in the passing game, like a Dallas/KC/Philly/New Orleans type.

This game will likely turn on how accurate Allen is on Sunday. I have no idea how to predict Allen's play. He's simply erratic.

Here is some of what I saw on one of the NYG Blogs just now:

Anyone who has any game 'penciled in for a win'  
mikeinbloomfield : 9:02 am : link
hasn't been paying attention. I don't think Josh Allen is all that good, but any QB will have good numbers when he has all day to throw.
The only penciling in of a win  
is happening on the Bills side. It's up to use to pull off an upset. Not the other way around.
I'm still concerned  
Simms11 : 10:08 am : link
more with the defense. John Brown abd our old buddy Cole Beasley will be running circles around our confused, overmatched secondary!
Penciled in a win?  
Johnny5 : 10:53 am : link
Not sure who is doing that. Personally, I'll actually be somewhat shocked if we win this game.
I haven’t penciled anything in  
5BowlsSoon : 11:06 am : link
I noticed they were #15 in rushing yards allowed, 115 per game (155 per game last 3 weeks).

I agree, less of Eli, more of Saquon.

As for our defense.....??????
Does  
lax counsel : 11:07 am : link
Anyone have any Giants opponent penciled in as a win? Especially with the Giants 8-24 record over the past two seasons, and from a broader perspective, their record since 2013?

I'm sure Miami Dolphins fans look at the Giants now and say "hey, the might be our opportunity to get one win this year."
EE is going to have a tough outing  
Edmunds can split out wide and cover WRs if they need him too. I see him being matched up on EE for the majority of the game if we split him out wide.
Interesting  
Coach Red Beaulieu : 11:49 am : link
So let's not hand off to Saquon. - Pat Shermer

This was known before the season...  
Dan in the Springs : 12:00 pm : link
but you are correct, there have been countless prediction threads, articles, opinions, etc. marking this down as a win.

I always found it stunning how many had this down as not just a win, but an "easy win".

Now that the Giants looked ugly in Dallas, there's been a major shift in prediction, but it's certainly true that prior to week 1 many NFL prognosticators had this down as a win.
Why is this surprising? They have a good defense, Edmunds is  
Zeke's Alibi : 12:05 pm : link
A ***** monster. The offense is explosive as well. Anyone thinking this is a cake walk is mistaken. Actually if we pull out a win I think we can start thinking a 8-8 season which is what most of us thought going in.
Don't forget: the Bills also have Davis Webb  
CT Charlie : 12:16 pm : link
to reveal all our schemes! Seriously, we'll lose unless our O-line can generate a surge for Saquon: 3yds-5yds-3yds has to be automatic.
Bills Defense is Really Good  
armstead98 : 12:21 pm : link
I think the most important metric is yards per play and last year they were third in the league. This year (yes, only one week) they're first.

It's safe to expect that the Giants are going to have trouble moving the ball.
Yes, but.  
CT Charlie : 1:02 pm : link
Yards per play is important, but because passing plays typically gain more yards than running plays (except in our offense lately...) A team that's tops at defending the pass could still be relatively weak against the run and overall have a very stingy combined average.
I’m expecting  
darren in pdx : 1:05 pm : link
this game to be a loss for the Giants. Until the defense starts to play like a unit they aren’t going to win any games. Hopefully it was just week one NFL sloppiness.

From Big Blue Interactive.com
Edited by DefenseWins
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Say When... said:

i don't even know what that means

Eli is going to turn into Tom Brady for 3 magical hours

oh wait, no he won't, we'll be seeing davy jones or daniel crocket or whatever his name is by halftime when Eli has to leave to be on time for his AARP discount at Dennys