Week Two Power Ranking Rundown

delectrolux

7 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I would add Tampa, Jacksonville(No QB), Browns(It's not like they were a playoff team last year, they need to prove it like the Bills and looked bad at home) & even the Steelers.

Steelers and Browns are very reasonable to have above Buffalo IMO. Tampa and Jacksonville are at least debatable, though I would personally have Buffalo ahead of them.

The ones that I mentioned I don't think have any reasonable case.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Steelers and Browns are very reasonable to have above Buffalo IMO. Tampa and Jacksonville are at least debatable, though I would personally have Buffalo ahead of them.

I gotta ya. Personally I think we will beat the Steelers both in the head to head match up & in overall record. I think the Steelers are a once very talented team in the midst of their decline. 

Since you can only rate based upon what each team has actually done thus far, there is no way you could conceivably put Piit and CLE above the Bills. They were both putrid. The games aren’t played on paper. Of course, these “rankings” don’t mean much other than fan banter.

2 hours ago, delectrolux said:

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/9/10/20852906/week-2-nfl-power-rankings

26. Buffalo Bills If you liked the Tim Tebow experience, you’ll love what’s going on in Buffalo. Josh Allen threw two picks and fumbled twice yesterday. He also won the game. QBWINZ!

This take is closer to eight miles high.

how many of these still rank the Jets higher I wonder.

43 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don't know. You can't make rankings based on paper. It's got to be based on actual evidence - what we've seen. And we saw both Cleveland and Pittsburgh (albeit by New England) get beat by 30. We also watched the Bills hang in and claw their way back into a game and come from behind to win. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think a fair ranking for the Bills would be anywhere from 15 to 21, all depending on how you took the game in.  Anything above 15 is premature, and anything worse than 21 means you haven't paid that much attention to this team or probably didn't actually watch the game and just wrote based on predetermined bias.

• Like (+1) 3

in general i agree with alphadog, but while that was an epic road win, the mistakes by the O, and allen in particular, were pretty god awful until about half way into the third quarter.

i think we have it in us, but the bills just have to improve and be more consistent to show they are a better than 500 team.  

i know we will be a better team at the end of the year than we are now, but the oline, the wrs, and especially josh need to clean it all up.

i'm still excited for the team and expect another road win on sunday.

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

I don't know. You can't make rankings based on paper. It's got to be based on actual evidence - what we've seen. And we saw both Cleveland and Pittsburgh (albeit by New England) get beat by 30. We also watched the Bills hang in and claw their way back into a game and come from behind to win. 

If it continues happening, sure. I think both games are likely a fluke. 

12 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

can we just have a new thread instead of combining this one from week 1. Or at least update the OP so it has all the new rankings? Don't feel like delving through a bunch of pages (which will eventually show up) to get to week 2 or week 3 rankings ;)

Good point. 

But whoever makes whatever posts or threads, thank you!  I enjoy reading them but dislike having to search for them.  

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Most negative people will say who have they beaten tho? The number 30th and 31st ranked teams in the league? Hell, even this week they o my play the 26th ranked team. 

But it at least they put us at 9 with the rest of the 2-0 teams and didn’t put a 1-1 team ahead of us. 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Most negative people will say who have they beaten tho? The number 30th and 31st ranked teams in the league? Hell, even this week they o my play the 26th ranked team. 

But it at least they put us at 9 with the rest of the 2-0 teams and didn’t put a 1-1 team ahead of us. 

Exactly what I was thinking. I think they are correct that we are the worst of the 2-0 teams (so far....journey has just begun ;)). I just read another power ranking that had us at 24th still. I just couldn't understand it. 

21 minutes ago, Bills4Ever4Life said:

Exactly what I was thinking. I think they are correct that we are the worst of the 2-0 teams (so far....journey has just begun ;)). I just read another power ranking that had us at 24th still. I just couldn't understand it. 

It’s because we’re buffalo and the national media still hates us. They will still hold on giving us any credit until we’re winning the division or something.