Issues with WGR/Radio.com app?

2 hours ago, wagon127 said:

The rewind feature doesn't work that great. I can never figure out how far back I'm rewinding. I thought in the first week, it would tell me what time I rewound back to, but now it doesn't. And I just have to guess what I think an hour is or whatever..... 

It hardly works at all.  It is very glitchy and sometimes will allow you to rewind, sometimes not, sometimes you can pick how far back you can go, sometimes you get locked into a default setting.

It also repeats like the last 2 or 3 minutes at the end of a segment.

It also has pre-programmed online ads that seem to trump what is going on live on air, so you are listening and then all of a sudden someone is cut off while they go to online-only ads for a minute or so.  I love that.

It's just terrible!

55 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It also has pre-programmed online ads that seem to trump what is going on live on air, so you are listening and then all of a sudden someone is cut off while they go to online-only ads for a minute or so.  I love that.

This totally confused me at first, and now just pisses me off.  Somebody is in the middle of a sentence and all of a sudden an ad starts playing..............I'm OK with ads.  But, just have them be at the the point where a commercial break was taken (I'm listening to the podcasts - I hope it's not happening like that in real time, too!) 

2 hours ago, Talkin Proud said:

Has listening to radio online EVER worked? 

Yes first few weeks it worked fine for listening to game when I was not watching, then they had a day when it took 15 minutes to connect and now it never connects.

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

That radio.com app is awful, like someones college project or something.

We should get them to sponsor headset radios and T*m will never get play post 15 second warning.

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

That radio.com app is awful, like someones FAILING college project or something.

Corrected.

This is weird.  Tuesday November 19th 3pm eastern..

Just tuned in to listen live (online) for the start of the Schopp/Bulldog show.

They are playing (for the third time now) their segment with Micah Hyde from Monday.

Definitely something weird going on; either they have a technical problem where they can't broadcast live right now, or Schopp and Bulldog are late in arriving at the radio station, or something weird like that.

Anyone else notice this?

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This is weird.  Tuesday November 19th 3pm eastern..

Just tuned in to listen live (online) for the start of the Schopp/Bulldog show.

They are playing (for the third time now) their segment with Micah Hyde from Monday.

Definitely something weird going on; either they have a technical problem where they can't broadcast live right now, or Schopp and Bulldog are late in arriving at the radio station, or something weird like that.

Anyone else notice this?

Yes,  replaying yesterday, worst app I've ever used.

4 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

I was listening today to John Murphy show and they were taking a call and an ad just started, interrupting the middle of the show.

missed what the caller had to say and half of Taskers response. It’s definitely glitchy.

I actually listen live now at my radio tuner.com as it does not have the "RW/FF" feature. It just plays the radio live like in the old days. The thing is definitely glitchy and it is common to have online ads come on over live broadcasting! 

But what I'm talking about today is different than that.  WGR is opening the S/B show with recorded content. 

Something weird going on.

7 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

I was listening today to John Murphy show and they were taking a call and an ad just started, interrupting the middle of the show.

That’s bad.  If it’s the ‘Brothers of Mercy’ ad, that’s worse.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

That’s bad.  If it’s the ‘Brothers of Mercy’ ad, that’s worse.

"Brothers of mercy....brothers of L-O-O-O-O-V-E!"

I can hear it in my mind now.

:lol:

:sick:

OK.  It was just explained.

Schopp and Bulldog were down at "716" bar preparing to broadcast live from there, as they always do on Sabres game days.

Sounds like they ran into technical difficulties and can't do that, so they are driving to the studio out in Amherst to broadcast today's show.  In the meantime they are broadcasting recorded content.

LOL.  

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

This is a much better option.  Very few problems and it goes to WGR immediately without having to watch/listen to an ad when one opens it.  

Yes, that's what I mentioned a couple of posts up.  It eliminates the "new and improved" player and it actually works.

For the last 3 games (I think) I have noticed that the "listen live" function at the website simply doesn't work as I guess it gets jammed up with many users trying to listen at the same time or something like that.

That link you posted at my tuner radio always works on game days which is another good reason to listen there rather than at the website.  I have it bookmarked.

:thumbsup:

For whatever reason radio.com wouldn't work for me on Safari or Chrome at home the past couple weeks for pre-game.  And oddly (gathering from this thread) the app worked perfect and had no issues...

FWIW, I did tweet at Radio.com and WGR, but they didn't respond (which is funny, because bigger companies like ATT or United always respond to tweets :D).

7 minutes ago, Heitz said:

For whatever reason radio.com wouldn't work for me on Safari or Chrome at home the past couple weeks for pre-game.  And oddly (gathering from this thread) the app worked perfect and had no issues...

FWIW, I did tweet at Radio.com and WGR, but they didn't respond (which is funny, because bigger companies like ATT or United always respond to tweets :D).

See my comment a few posts up.  Listening live at the WGR-550.com website flat out doesn't work for me on game day.  Pre-game, during game, or post game.  I assume it gets overloaded with users  and just locks up or something.

That "my tuner radio.com" link is fantastic.  It just plays the radio station live with no online ads, no rewind glitch crap, etc.

And it works on game days.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I actually listen live now at my radio tuner.com as it does not have the "RW/FF" feature. It just plays the radio live like in the old days. The thing is definitely glitchy and it is common to have online ads come on over live broadcasting! 

But what I'm talking about today is different than that.  WGR is opening the S/B show with recorded content. 

Something weird going on.

What’s the website that you use? 

I’m out of state so I have to listen online.