Issues with WGR/Radio.com app?

32 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

They literally could just start over and whatever the new V1 is would be better than what they have today. It's like almost 2020, mobile apps have been around...It's not that hard.

My favorite thing is you can download episodes, but if you are offline - like on a PLANE - the app will rarely get past the home screen. So great feature idea that doesn't work in the most basic use case!

key is is to make sure you are in airplane mode! If wifi or cellular is turned on , i think the app continually looks for a connection. But turn it to airplane, go hit the little subscriptions icon at the bottom, and downloaded episodes should pop right up , they do for me

• 1 month later...

The app is garbage, the company (radio.com/entercom) is garbage.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This is probably not an app issue. More a human or device error. I'm willing to bet no one at 500 Corporate Dr. has any control over what the app does 

Not at WGR, no. But the folks at Entercom 2400 Market Street sure do

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I have had nothing but issues with radio.com app since having to switch over.  Constant drop outs with full service and on WiFi in my home.  I don’t remember the WGR app being this bad.  

Not to mention it takes an eternity to load sometimes, or just freezes.

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I have had nothing but issues with radio.com app since having to switch over.  Constant drop outs with full service and on WiFi in my home.  I don’t remember the WGR app being this bad.  

Also, if you listen to the On Demand segments, they often skip back 2 minutes and replay conversations that you've already heard. App also cannot be used out of the country without a VPN being employed. Terrible app and I know that it has cost them hours of my listening time.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Also, if you listen to the On Demand segments, they often skip back 2 minutes and replay conversations that you've already heard. App also cannot be used out of the country without a VPN being employed. Terrible app and I know that it has cost them hours of my listening time.

I did notice the skipping back too the other day.  Just a terrible app

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Pretty sure you're never able to listen to the games live online, NFL charges for that.

I have been able to listen to every other game I did not watch this year except this one. Each week it has gotten worse and worse with previous week taking 15 minutes to connect.

rc.png

You were able to listen when you did not try to use a radio made of bones and rocks.