Zay Jones blocking ability - I’m impressed

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree with you, however I never once guaranteed it and opened that now infamous thread with "I could be wrong" and referenced it as a gut feeling.  

What really sucks for a high 2nd rd pick it's looks like we will never see that value at this point. Can't hit on em all I guess and he was pre Beane. 

Just hoping he surprises us all at this point but doesn't look promising. It's pretty crazy he's the all time college reception leader and it doesn't translate to the NFL level yet.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

What really sucks for a high 2nd rd pick it's looks like we will never see that value at this point. Can't hit on em all I guess and he was pre Beane. 

Just hoping he surprises us all at this point but doesn't look promising. It's pretty crazy he's the all time college reception leader and it doesn't translate to the NFL level yet.

Zay had two drops today that, IMO, stemmed from his limited catch radius. After returning from the offseason with 15 lbs of added muscle, I was hopeful that would improve, but it has not. If, after the thousands of balls Zay has caught, that element of his game has not improved, it's hard to imagine how it ever will. I strongly suspect Zay has reached his ceiling.

• Like (+1) 1

I noticed today that if we had a RB like Melvin Gordon he would’ve probably gone for 22 155 2 rushing Td’s and 5  60 receiving. 

Would just like to add that Gore looks very slow out there. This obviously is his last year in the NFL and he still is a powerful straight line runner but with the amount of holes we opened against the Giants someone should’ve rushed for 150. 

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Zay is practically worthless. He shouldn't be on the team. He's taking snaps from players that should be ahead of him. 

He's worse than worthless.  He's a net negative. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Zays a trashbag.   

Laughable that Beane swung on this guy with Godwin (125 yards 2 td’s at halftime), Juju, and Kupp on the board.  

Huuuuuuge L 

Beane wasn't a Bills at the time of the draft.

If only Zay could throw it to himself when he's open for a td, he'd have 3 by now. There's a reason the Bills have only 3 td receptions so far, Josh. And 1 of them was a shuffle pass. Josh needs to do better. Unless you're wearing Josh colored sunglasses.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
8 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Right.    He just showed up a few days after ?

Okay, I guess Beane sucks then.  Sorry but I'm pretty happy with Beane.  I'm not going to sit an bust on him for missing on Zay when every single team misses on 1st's and 2nd's .  Tell me who you want as the new GM?  You got anyone?  

2 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Okay, I guess Beane sucks then.  Sorry but I'm pretty happy with Beane.  I'm not going to sit an bust on him for missing on Zay when every single team misses on 1st's and 2nd's .  Tell me who you want as the new GM?  You got anyone?  

Beane wasn't here yet when Zay was drafted. That was McDermott. 

28 minutes ago, Dopey said:

If only Zay could throw it to himself when he's open for a td, he'd have 3 by now. There's a reason the Bills have only 3 td receptions so far, Josh. And 1 of them was a shuffle pass. Josh needs to do better. Unless you're wearing Josh colored sunglasses.

Seriously? That pass that went through Zay's hands is a TD if Williams was in that spot. Throw may have been high, but catchable just the same

Jones will not contest the ball, including on one of Allen's interceptions. Jones, with a defender between him and Allen, ran deep with his arms low to catch it around his hip. The interception is still on Allen, but a better receiver would have cut in to at least try to get above the defender. It's as if Jones is not seeing the defenders around him. And today he was not getting separation. He's a liability, at this point.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 2