What I keep hearing Bills players repeating

Buffalo716

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I believe that belongs to Chris kelsay

I remember a Bills and Broncos game from 2007? Kelsay had a big game that day making plays all over the field. In his post game interview, Mike Shanahan referred to Kelsay as that "player" or "guy" being everywhere during the game. I thought it was funny that Kelsay remained nameless.

• Haha (+1) 1

i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off a SB win, i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen ninety two
aint it funny how the Buffalo Bills moves

when just dont seem to have the will to lose
strange how the Buffalo moves
with autumn closing in.....  

4 hours ago, Chris from Rochester said:

Jeremy White, is that you?!? ;)

Nope! High on Kool-Aid son !!!

That's a little over the top but really though the culture McDermott has built of tough, never surrender, live football attitude is what is going to make this team great and give us the ability to overcome things like 4 turnovers and being down in the game. I felt confident the whole game that we would not fold and make a solid comeback, wasnt sure we would win but knew they would die trying.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

McD gets criticized a lot around here for the culture thing, but I have never worked for a successful organization that did not have an established culture, a mindset by which the organization does its work.  I have worked for problematic organizations who did not have that kind of mentality.  To me when the players talk about playing Bill's football they are referring to the culture McD is establishing.  That's a good thing.

I agree.  I worked for a small company (individual owner) that became a multi national/multi billion $ company for over 30 years.

It was indescribable as to positive momentum and what it resulted in.  At the end, the owner got old and had to sell to a multinational corporation.

The culture crumbled and the company is a shell of it's former self. 

The major corporation had all the slogans and buzzwords but they were meaningless.  For my money you can't force people to be part of

something bigger than themselves, it either happens or it doesn't.  That is what true leadership is all about.

I do have empathy for those who have never experienced something like that.

6 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

McD gets criticized a lot around here for the culture thing, but I have never worked for a successful organization that did not have an established culture, a mindset by which the organization does its work.  I have worked for problematic organizations who did not have that kind of mentality.  To me when the players talk about playing Bill's football they are referring to the culture McD is establishing.  That's a good thing.

Those who criticize culture are selfish people who only care about analytics who want things their own way and dont care about the group.

I said this in another post, but this team legit reminds me of the Patriots team that won its first SB.  Before anyone freaks out at the mention of the Pats, keep in mind AT THE TIME of this, they were not hated...they were not known as cheatritots, etc.  They were an over looked underdog for the most part with a young coach and QB that would go on to be two of the GOATS but were still unproven then.  

That team was made up of lots of lesser known names, a team led by an unproven QB after Bledsoe went down.  They were introduced at the SB as one unit, not individual.  They were facing one of the biggest offensive juggernaught teams in history in the defending champs, the Rams.  

That team was just gritty and played together.  Yes, stuff came out later that sullied the reputation of the organization, and even that season.  But that year, before all that happened, there was just something different about how that team gelled and fought.  Troy Brown was playing offense and defense, the WR's were no one very notable, the QB was constantly being scrutinized once Bledsoe was healthy but didn't get his job back.  

Anyway, this team feels like that team did that year.   A gritty team led by a rising HC and QB that has fully bought in and fights for each other.  I hope history repeats itself and we are starting what will be a run where we not only win a SB, but remain a dominant team for years to come behind some of our great young pieces and HC.  

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I said this in another post, but this team legit reminds me of the Patriots team that won its first SB.  Before anyone freaks out at the mention of the Pats, keep in mind AT THE TIME of this, they were not hated...they were not known as cheatritots, etc.  They were an over looked underdog for the most part with a young coach and QB that would go on to be two of the GOATS but were still unproven then.  

That team was made up of lots of lesser known names, a team led by an unproven QB after Bledsoe went down.  They were introduced at the SB as one unit, not individual.  They were facing one of the biggest offensive juggernaught teams in history in the defending champs, the Rams.  

That team was just gritty and played together.  Yes, stuff came out later that sullied the reputation of the organization, and even that season.  But that year, before all that happened, there was just something different about how that team gelled and fought.  Troy Brown was playing offense and defense, the WR's were no one very notable, the QB was constantly being scrutinized once Bledsoe was healthy but didn't get his job back.  

Anyway, this team feels like that team did that year.   A gritty team led by a rising HC and QB that has fully bought in and fights for each other.  I hope history repeats itself and we are starting what will be a run where we not only win a SB, but remain a dominant team for years to come behind some of our great young pieces and HC.  

Troy Brown did have over 100 catches that year for like 1200 yards

We haven't had a WR do that in a while... Tho I do see parallels

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Troy Brown did have over 100 catches that year for like 1200 yards

We haven't had a WR do that in a while... Tho I do see parallels

Yeah, he was just not a guy who got a lot of attention or credit.  He was actually quite a good overall football player.  John Brown is our Troy Brown this year for us.  

I still think our Brown puts up 80+ catches, 1200+ yards, and 8+ TD's this year assuming he remains healthy all year.

9 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Well, they are also just trying to get out of the interview... that's such a "catch-phrase".  Players everywhere use it.  Interviewer: "what unique things did you do to win the game"  Answer:  " we just played 'Bills Football'.   Yawn... change channel...

Just last week I heard Brady say he was playing Bills football.?

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Nope! High on Kool-Aid son !!!

That's a little over the top but really though the culture McDermott has built of tough, never surrender, live football attitude is what is going to make this team great and give us the ability to overcome things like 4 turnovers and being down in the game. I felt confident the whole game that we would not fold and make a solid comeback, wasnt sure we would win but knew they would die trying.

this

• Thank you (+1) 1