What I keep hearing Bills players repeating

Buffalo716

Just awoke from the sound of thunder.

Listening to some Bills players interviews and the one thing they keep repeating is playing Bills football

Tre White, Jerry Hughes , Ed Oliver keep repeating just play Bills Football

McDermott has obviously built a team and a culture that has bought into playing Bills football and they seem genuinely excited to be apart of this team

What is Bills football? Everybody will probably have a somewhat different answer

The only thing that it needs to be... Hard Working, resilient and a winner

I think we are on our way

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

But culture doesnt matter :lol:

Bills football means:

situational football

hard and smart play

Perseverance

Resilience

Unrelenting

Grind

Juggernaut -  any large, overpowering, destructive force or object, as war, a giant battleship, or a powerful football team.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I dont know.  I think I've heard players of every team speak of playing "(insert team name here) football".   

I find it meaningless.

It is creating an identity within the culture of that particular team.  I wouldn't say it is meaningless.  McDermott has certainly created a vision of what "Bills Football" is for this team and it seems that the players are ready to lay it on the line for their teammates.  This seems to be anything but meaningless.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Listening to some Bills players interviews and the one thing they keep repeating is playing Bills football

McDermott has obviously built a team and a culture that has bought into playing Bills football and they seem genuinely excited to be apart of this team

What is Bills football? Everybody will probably have a somewhat different answer

I thought you were about to tell us you just woke up from the sound of thunder....how far off, you sat and wondered...then, you started humming a song from 1962...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I dont know.  I think I've heard players of every team speak of playing "(insert team name here) football".   

I find it meaningless.

Hahahahaha!

I was hoping it was going to be something a little more unique, like "Smash Mouth" football, or a "Lunch Pail Mentality".

Edited by 32ABBA

1 hour ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Lunch pal football.

Do your job, not your teammates job. 

Stout defense, don’t give an inch. 

Trust the process, and the process will deliver results. 

It’s not the same old Bills anymore. I may be wrong about what Bills football means, but it’s definitely new and improved. 

image.png.f5798c9ae7a48076f077f5fba076ecb6.png

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Lunch pal football.

Do your job, not your teammates job. 

Stout defense, don’t give an inch. 

Trust the process, and the process will deliver results. 

It’s not the same old Bills anymore. I may be wrong about what Bills football means, but it’s definitely new and improved. 

"Lunch Pal", like a bunch of co-workers going out for lunch, passing the salt shaker selflessly?

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

They are not playing Bills football though.  Bills football would be what the Jets played.?

Times are changing.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well, they are also just trying to get out of the interview... that's such a "catch-phrase".  Players everywhere use it.  Interviewer: "what unique things did you do to win the game"  Answer:  " we just played 'Bills Football'.   Yawn... change channel...

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Beane and McDermott built a team that matches the Bills fans.  They love the Buffalo Bills and believe in the team.  They play for each other and for the fans.

And players from, say, 5 years ago did not? 

How would you know?  What's the difference?

Why do fans want to create these false narratives all the time? Because they feel good?

I'll take talent, execution, and game planning.

You can have the rest.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Beane and McDermott built a team that matches the Bills fans.  They love the Buffalo Bills and believe in the team.  They play for each other and for the fans.

You mean the fans who call Coach McD "McClappy", suffer from BBMS syndrome and call screwups "Billsy"?
I hope they are better than that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I find it meaningless.

It is the same thought process that countries use to create an identity, like all the flag waving Americans who shout we are the best country on earth,  Not remotely meaningless,  it’s the same thought process that we as individuals use to create pride in oneself or of family, again not remotely meaningless, it is a thought process that is accepted and used by all societies, and universally recognized, unless one is particularly shallow of thought, which is not beyond possibility...

Go Bills!!!

McD gets criticized a lot around here for the culture thing, but I have never worked for a successful organization that did not have an established culture, a mindset by which the organization does its work.  I have worked for problematic organizations who did not have that kind of mentality.  To me when the players talk about playing Bill's football they are referring to the culture McD is establishing.  That's a good thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1