Rookies you wanted to draft update...

I was hoping we would pick up a WR in the 2nd. When the Pat**** took Harry ahead of us, Deebo Samuel was my #2 (49ers snagged him). Deebo had 3 targets, and 3 receptions for 17 yds (5.7 avg) in his debut.

Beane made the better, immediate impact and longterm call, by taking Ford in the 2nd. Ford is still learning, but tackles are valuable, and the transition from college to pro takes awhile, with the college spread offenses being poor training for NFL linemen. The fact that Ford played non garbage snaps puts him ahead of the curve. WR's tend to take longer to develop, so Samuel may end up being great, but we are getting value early, and hopefully longterm, with Ford.

I was overjoyed to land Oliver. Did NOT want Hock that high in the draft.Loved Hock, BUT the TE position is just not as valuable of a position as a sack-machine / pressure bandit DT.

Oliver was the guy I wanted the most (while still being realistic about where we were drafting). DK was #2 for me and I was hoping like hell he would be the pick in the 2nd when he surprisingly slipped to us. Ford is a good prospect in his own right, but DK was one of the few special prospects in the class IMO. Strong debut for him, especially considering he just had knee surgery a couple weeks ago.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1