Rookies you wanted to draft update...

6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Hockenson was the guy I wanted. He seemed like the sure deal. 

Yeah, Hock was the guy I wanted as well and was disappointed when he went off the board right in front of the Bills’ pick, though judging from the war room’s reaction they wouldnt  have taken him over Oliver anyway.

That said, I was happy with Oliver at 9 and if he plays up to his potential represents more value as an elite pass rushing DT than an elite TE does.

• Like (+1) 2

I wanted Hock or Ed. I was really pulling for Harry to make it to us in the second, but the Pats nabbed him. 

Beyond that, I just wanted o line dudes. No Harry but happy with Ford. 

Edited to add: The one guy I absolutely didn’t want was DK Metcalf. He looked good for Seattle week one. 

Edited by Jumpsuit Jim

I was sold on Oliver pre draft and got super excited when he fell to us so I was happy. In the second when we traded up I really thought we were going to snag DK but was actually very happy with Ford. Looking back on it Beane made the right move there. He brought in vet WR's (Brown and Beasley) who clearly understand what it takes to play in the NFL and are willing to put in the work. This was clearly to designed to help Allen develop further. If Allen has a good year this year I would not be surprised with a 1st round WR in 2020. 

7 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I wanted Hock too.  It wasn’t a knock against Oliver.  I just wanted to give Josh as many tools as possible.   I think that partnership would have been great for years to come.   But  he was not available and I’m happy with Oliver. 

Me to a tee..i confess i only know the guys the media tells us about, as far from a draftnik as you can get

I really wanted NKeal Harry who hasn’t played yet. Time will tell. He may never play with the goat but I think he could be the best WR in the class. 

Even though Hollywood Brown has a huge debut I have doubts that his size can keep up with the nfl game. Well see. 

Hock looks like a beast, but after one game, so does Ed Oliver.  

Think either/or would be a win/win, and we ended up with the DT. 

Metcalf jock riders look justified so far.  

I thought Quinnen Williams was a guy we may have made a move for before the draft, but he didn’t do much in Game 1.  Now, in his defense, Oliver was going up against some muppets and Q had to go against, what looks to be a pretty strong interior OL we have. 

I did not like the Singletary pick.  Pretty sure that dude is going to prove me wrong every week. 

12 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I wanted Hock too.  It wasn’t a knock against Oliver.  I just wanted to give Josh as many tools as possible.   I think that partnership would have been great for years to come.   But  he was not available and I’m happy with Oliver. 

Yeah I was in he same boat . Regardless  if we have a hall of fame D we need to give Allen every possible  help we can give for him to succeed.

Allen success = Bills success.

And I thought  Hockenson  was the perfect fit for him. A real offensive  threat and outstanding  run blocker .   He was a no brainer pick for me . 

I was good with one of Oliver and Hockenson  so I'm good

I was all about Hock and pissed Detroit took him, was not and still am not sold on Oliver.   What I really wasn't expecting is for them to let so many WRs go by, then Singletary, seemingly out of left field.  That made zero sense to me, I think Beane was done with Shady and just never said it, signing Gore, Yeldon and then spending a pick on Singletary screamed it. 

I was high on Hollywood and had some fasination with Hakeem Butler / Harry, so far Hollywood started with a bang, tough to say how it will all play out in the end though.   

Not surprised to see Fant struggling early, he never blocked, the NFL requires it.

I was high on Knox, really glad we nabbed him, hope he can live upto his physical  abilities, he could be an absolute steal.

14 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I wanted to draft Josh Allen two years in a row. He looks like an absolute stud

Oliver was my second choice

At the time when he fell past the Raiders I wanted the Bills to trade up and get him. 

My draft order was Allen, Hockenson, Oliver but again I assumed all three would be gone by pick 9. 

Ferrell looks like he has a NFL DE body and looked good in game 1. But my bias was if those top 3 were taken, I wanted a trade down.  

I too was shocked they did not get a WR in the third round. But so far the Beasley and Brown signings seem to justify not taking a WR.