Ty Neskhe’s Untold Story: From Behind Bars to the Bills

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, CSBill said:

Wow! Between him and Feliciano. Guys who have earned it the hard way bring way more than ability to a team. It's clear, Beane looks for guys who are hungry, and who appreciate the opportunity they have. Ability, yes, they all have that, but what is the extra ingredient in the sauce? This.

Thanks for posting.

A think one of the things missed by folks who are looking for a winning football team and no further, are perhaps that McBeane is preaching Family to his Team.

They are all looking out for one another.

Glad Ty has found a home as Buffalo Bill. and hope he makes good use of his blessings.

and kicks arse : )

I met him at camp this year and talked to him for about 10 seconds then watched him while he signed autograph and took pictures with fans (he just so huge you felt like your eyes couldn't look away). Would have never thought anything like this would have been possible of him based on the interactions he was having with the fans.  The guy was like a 300lb teddy bear.

Really great story and good to hear he was able to learn from his mistakes. 

I'm confused, I thought Beane and McDermott only want choirboys?

Seriously, that story and how it was written had me enthralled.

Forevermore, my nickname for Ty is "The Bodyguard".

but the veteran was on the field for both touchdown drives, the former professional bodyguard protecting franchise quarterback Josh Allen.

Seems like a natural progression.

“Protect the biggest asset,” Nsekhe says, laughing. “Yeah, why not? It’s like it’s been in my DNA, right?”

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jason Wolf has done some really good work. He was also the writer of the article about Matt Milano where it detailed his life of simplicity. It was so interesting. 

What a difference since the canning of Bucky and Sully 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Great, great read. Wow. I did not realize Ty did hard time. Makes you wonder how many guys fall through the NFL cracks, getting into trouble. Guys like Lawrence Phillips, not that he and Nsekhe are alike in that manner. Seems like TN was just a hustler and LP was a violent dude.  

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for all the kind words on this piece. I know Jason and our crew really appreciate it.

Credit to Ty for being willing to share this story. He did several interviews with Jason over the last month and a half, including a two hour sitdown two weeks ago that helped fill in a lot of details. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, JoshBarnett said:

Thanks for all the kind words on this piece. I know Jason and our crew really appreciate it.

Credit to Ty for being willing to share this story. He did several interviews with Jason over the last month and a half, including a two hour sitdown two weeks ago that helped fill in a lot of details. 

I cannot thank you enough for getting rid of the vitriol which was making me angry every day reading the sports page (Yes, I still get the real paper) and getting talented writers like Jason.  

• Like (+1) 2

Excellent read about a young man trying to survive when life got in the way and the abyss came calling. The Story hits on themes of accountability, identity, and redemption as Nsekhe perseveres and takes his life back. He is able to transform a near tragic life in to a gift to take with him. Good stuff.

4 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Excellent read about a young man trying to survive when life got in the way and the abyss came calling. The Story hits on themes of accountability, identity, and redemption as Nsekhe perseveres and takes his life back. He is able to transform a near tragic life in to a gift to take with him. Good stuff.

Nice review!  

• Thank you (+1) 1