Ty Neskhe’s Untold Story: From Behind Bars to the Bills

YoloinOhio

Wow...

Ty Nsekhe's untold journey from behind bars to the Bills

I think you've got one of the great all-time stories in terms of walking a long road to get to where you are,” host Jim Rome told Nsekhe in early May during a segment on CBS Sports Radio. “And as proof of that, you've got jerseys from 10 teams that you've played for along the way hanging in your office.”

That’s the Disney script.

Throughout his interviews, Nsekhe allowed an inaccuracy to stand, never correcting the record and rarely hinting at the true depths from which he has risen.

Undrafted out of Texas State in 2009?

Not quite.

“For the most part, I’ve controlled what I’ve put out there to the media … ” Nsekhe said. “I don’t really talk about my past much.”

But the public records exist.

Wasn’t he nervous that someone would ask about the felony burglary?

The computer crime?

His months behind bars?

“Not really,” Nsekhe said. “Because you couldn’t really find it. The only way you would be able to find it is you Google my real first name.”

He’s sharing his real story, raw and unvarnished, publicly for the first time, opening a door that’s remained shut for more than a decade. It’s less about a football player than a man who clawed from the abyss, a man who once hardly recognized himself.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/09/10/buffalo-bills-ty-nsekhe-nfl-football-washington-redskins-rams-new-orleans-saints-texas-state-tarleton-state-northwestern-oklahoma-state-jim-rome-cody-ford-dion-dawkins-josh-allen-2019/

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

That is one AMAZING story.  Wow.  Thanks!

It's really a pretty incredible story. I've been a fan of his since his signing. I really haven't processed how this affects my opinion of him.

When Ty finally retires a millionaire, he should find a high-end ghost writer to sit down with him and write his autobiography. I'd certainly read it.

• Like (+1) 1

Wow! Between him and Feliciano. Guys who have earned it the hard way bring way more than ability to a team. It's clear, Beane looks for guys who are hungry, and who appreciate the opportunity they have. Ability, yes, they all have that, but what is the extra ingredient in the sauce? This.

Thanks for posting.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

In light of having this individual in the same division, the league has directed that New England is to be awarded a compensatory draft pick.

Further, the league directs the New York Jets be awarded a 6 pack of 20# A-B-C fire extinguishers.

Further, the league says “there’s a team in Miami?!  Could have fooled us!”

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 4

Beane likes guys that are PHDs “poor hungry and determined”, it’s also been a Belicheck concept for some years now, and it works.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow...

Ty Nsekhe's untold journey from behind bars to the Bills

Great article, thanks for sharing.  It is amazing to see how easy it is to continue sliding down a slippery slope once you make a few bad decisions.  He is blessed that he had a skill to fall back on that rewards ability and performance and often allows employers to forgive past discretions if you have the ability and change your behavior.  He appears to be making the most of his second chance which I respect very much.  

• Like (+1) 1