Will Patriots release Antonio Brown?

BrycePaup4ever

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

I can see him keeping quiet for a couple of weeks then who knows.

Funny, that would take him to Bills/Pats* week.

How fitting. Like there isnt enough going on already. That game is big for Bills fans, Pats fans probably predict another win.

36 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Will say one thing Drew is really earning his money with Brown.

My Prediction is that he goes on the Commish Exempt list.

A measly $75,000 lawsuit is a hard thing to argue is a "money grab" on a multi million dollar athlete being accused of rape and sexual assault multiple times.  

53 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Didn’t sound like Belichick is that worried about it. He said we looked into it, but stoped short of saying there is nothing to it. The league will look into this and nothing will happen.

"The Patriot Way!" 

Edited by RyanC883

14 hours ago, uticaclub said:

The Patriots culture is talent and doing whatever it takes to win. 

you'd think other teams might pay attention to this?

especially in the Pats division the last 17, 18, 200 years?

• Like (+1) 1

Personally, I think the combination of behavior should warrant the NFL to put him on the exempt list. The sexual allegations are only a part of the whole picture. Everything from the helmet BS to missing practices to threatening a GM should be considered. The NFL needs to get the players under control and the AB situation if not dealt with will launch prima donnas across the league to act any way they want.  Miami players who want out will act accordingly. Curb this mess now and send a message that this behavior is not tolerated. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

A measly $75,000 lawsuit is a hard thing to argue is a "money grab" on a multi million dollar athlete being accused of rape and sexual assault multiple times.  

29 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you'd think other teams might pay attention to this?

especially in the Pats division the last 17, 18, 200 years?

But arent they ALWAYS innocent?  Shouldn’t we trust what AB is saying, he’s never lead anyone astray or misrepresented before.  I see this getting very ugly very fast, and very expensive.  Not saying it did happen, but reading the texts I seems like he did do some nasty things-not necessarily rape but other things.  His own arrogance will be used against him, but I see a payoff with no admission of guilt settling this. I hope however Goodell does what he did to AP and others.   Let the legal system work, but the player cant play until its settled civilly or criminally.  

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They will have to eventually, especially considering Krafty Bob's recent legal entanglement. Boston sports writers are fanboys but the actual news reporters are going to savage the Patriots.

Yes, the Patriots are clearly an organization that gives a ***** about how they are perceived.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

did yall see this from @MAJBobby?

Guaranteed $10M, $9M was at signing..$10 M dead cap if they cut him

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/antonio-brown-6702/ 

According to reports later, I'm not sure that is a accurate.  The way it was exllained is he got a 1 Million guarantee at signing and weekly roster bonuses that total 9 million in guaranteed money as long as he is on the roster.  With extra bonuses on top for performance that could take it to 15M.  Theres a HUGE difference between what was originally reported, as Sportrac has it a d the later explaination of it.  Being that he's a known trouble maker, I find it hard to believe BB wouldn't structure the contract accordingly.  If he didn't, awesome, but i have my doubts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Yes, the Patriots are clearly an organization that gives a ***** about how they are perceived.

Ha ha ha. Do you work for them? How do you know what they think? Trust me. They DON'T like the negative press they get from players and their owners. It hurts their bottom line.

30 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ha ha ha. Do you work for them? How do you know what they think? Trust me. They DON'T like the negative press they get from players and their owners. It hurts their bottom line.

Living here in New England, just north of Boston I hear lots of things from lots of people.  Most think AB is a jerk, but “if anyone can straighten him out it BB!  So give him a chance”. I think however that the Pats themselves only care about the next ring as the dynasty IS actually ending.  Too much going on with them.  In this instance I think BB knew of the issue and expected AB to go on the list.  He then gets off it when the case is settled out of court just in time for the playoff push.  Undamaged and physically ready.  If he cant settle it or wont settle it or charges are placed criminally, then it was only a million dollar gamble-no big loss.    Just my thoughts

1 hour ago, Behindenemylines said:

But arent they ALWAYS innocent?  Shouldn’t we trust what AB is saying, he’s never lead anyone astray or misrepresented before.  I see this getting very ugly very fast, and very expensive.  Not saying it did happen, but reading the texts I seems like he did do some nasty things-not necessarily rape but other things.  His own arrogance will be used against him, but I see a payoff with no admission of guilt settling this. I hope however Goodell does what he did to AP and others.   Let the legal system work, but the player cant play until its settled civilly or criminally.  

i've seen about a dozen phony accusations in my real life through the years

until something is proven i tried not to judge

for famous people this isn't even water off a duck's back for all i care

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

This is correct. I think the number is 20M, so if they pick up that 2nd year option it is 20M guaranteed for one year.  So it is essentially his chance to make the 29M that he tossed from the Raiders back with NE.  and NE covers themselves with not having the option so they could let him walk and put him into their Compensatory Pool.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/antonio-brown-6702/

https://overthecap.com/player/antonio-brown/1579/

This is why they will not release him, because it will be 5.5M dead cap this year and 4.5M dead cap next year.  They will play him until he is either suspended or put on the Commish Exempt list.  Either of those happen they will likely go back after the signing Bonus of 9M

Thats not accurate. AB has a clause in the contract that states if he does anything to embarrass himself or the team it can be voided. Also the signing bonus is in 2 parts 4 million now and the other 5 later in the year. 1st payment isnt due till sept 23rd. So if pats cut him in the next couple of days they are off the hook.

26 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Thats not accurate. AB has a clause in the contract that states if he does anything to embarrass himself or the team it can be voided. Also the signing bonus is in 2 parts 4 million now and the other 5 later in the year. 1st payment isnt due till sept 23rd. So if pats cut him in the next couple of days they are off the hook.

he is fine until sentenced or his accomplishments on the field tail off considerably