Will Patriots release Antonio Brown?

BrycePaup4ever

45 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

The Pattriots FO had to know this was coming no? I suspect the Raiders did and another reason they had no prob letting him walk.

Odds are yes.  It's basically a he said/she said thing so any kind of discipline is unlikely because there's no proof he raped her.  Tyreek Hill not being suspended because the evidence wasn't conclusive enough comes to mind.  I think the Raiders let him walk because he acted like a jack@ss.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

They won’t because it’s a civil trial.  Maybe if there were criminal charges

I would like to bring this reply to your attention below.

7 hours ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

LOL! Did anyone else notice Pat Chung flying around the field making plays Sunday night? The police literally found piles of cocaine on his coffee table and he has felony charges pending. You think the evil empire is going to cut one of the top receivers in the nfl over an accusation in civil court? C'mon now..

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

She accuses him of rape once. The third incident. One rape

All three incidents are sex crimes.  One of which would be classified as sexual assualt.  The other two would be a Lewd Act and indecent exposure.

Although I am skeptical in these situations it would not surprise me as it seems he feels he can do what he wants without concern for how his actions effect other parties involved.  He lacks empathy.  

Edited by formerlyofCtown

Most likely Brown will keep his mouth shut, cut back on his social media activity, be a model citizen, and have a productive season.  Probably not 100+ catches but good enough for some other team to offer him a big contract in free agency and get the Patriots a compensatory 3rd round pick for their troubles.

I would be shocked if the Patriots didn't know about this well before deciding to play along with Oakland.  This could very well be part of the "AB Show," that everyone's been tuned into since the end of last season.

I couldn't give a rat's ass about this moron, personally.

I'm having a lot more fun watching the Jets fall apart.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

LOL! Did anyone else notice Pat Chung flying around the field making plays Sunday night? The police literally found piles of cocaine on his coffee table and he has felony charges pending. You think the evil empire is going to cut one of the top receivers in the nfl over an accusation in civil court? C'mon now..

thought the exact same thing Sunday night

I think he'll get released at some point this season.  He's a force divider and quite frankly they don't need him or the drama and baggage that he brings.  He will inevitably get into it with Brady, coaches, other teammates, etc. and that will spell the end of his time in *NE. 

8 hours ago, StHustle said:

They won't and they shouldn't. What sense does it make to do that? There is ZERO available evidence that he is guilty of these accusations and should therefore let the proceedings move forward and see what else comes out.

It would be foolish to release a player simply based off a civil lawsuit being filed.

I think it said she had text messages from him!

10 hours ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

They let Aaron Hernandez go, but that was a murder charge and this was (if true) a rape. Do you think they let him go tomorrow? Do you care at this point? Im thinking more about Barkley this weekend. He could chew us up.

No. He will play all year. And they won’t pick up the option at the end of the year. 

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

litlle OT, but what is the difference between a club option and a non guaranteed year 2? Is it more cap friendly somehow?

The club option let’s them walk away and be eligible for Compensatory Picks. See what they did for Revis. The Non guarantee 2nd year is a Contract and they would then have to Cut him (not eligible for Compensatory Picks)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Miami is in shambles, the Jets' HC is already causing a media storm of negativity and the Pats are having a ton of off field issues.

The more chaos for our division foes the better it ends up being for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2