Will Patriots release Antonio Brown?

BrycePaup4ever

5 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

LOL! Did anyone else notice Pat Chung flying around the field making plays Sunday night? The police literally found piles of cocaine on his coffee table and he has felony charges pending. You think the evil empire is going to cut one of the top receivers in the nfl over an accusation in civil court? C'mon now..

they are the 21 st century Raiders

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

More important will Antonio Brown get his own TSW forum and all posts moved there?

I'm starting to wonder

58 minutes ago, BrycePaup4ever said:

They let Aaron Hernandez go, but that was a murder charge and this was (if true) a rape. Do you think they let him go tomorrow? Do you care at this point? Im thinking more about Barkley this weekend. He could chew us up.

No.  Won't let him go.

• Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

More short term i wonder if the Pats are gonna go ahead with trading Demaryius Thomas to the Jets.

With a cloud of uncertainty over AB, do they go ahead with the trade or hold on to Thomas as an insurance policy?

I believe the DT trade is a done deal. I don't know if the Pats bounce Brown over this incident but I think it's only a matter of time before they part company at some point this year. So if Gordon falls off the wagon again Pats will be heading into the playoffs with Edelman, Dorsett and two rookie receivers. And I think Michel averaged like 1 yard per carry against the Steelers Sunday night. 

• Like (+1) 1

They won't and they shouldn't. What sense does it make to do that? There is ZERO available evidence that he is guilty of these accusations and should therefore let the proceedings move forward and see what else comes out.

It would be foolish to release a player simply based off a civil lawsuit being filed.

• Like (+1) 3

No. While the league could suspend him under the personal conduct policy if evidence exists that suggests wrongdoing, this case will likely drag on past the entire season before making it to trial.

Unless some conclusive evidence comes out, I’d expect the Patriots to ride out their one year rental of Brown.

Edited by eanyills

5 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I would love an indefinite suspension, especially after they just traded Demaryius Thomas to the Jets. Gordon implodes, Edelman wrecks his knee and Brady gets savagely rocked by the Bills. Now that's a week 4 I can cheer for. 

admittedly sick, but, yes, I'm with you

So many sports media people were saying the AB deal with NE was one with tremendous upside.  He'll be great for them, etc. And if there's a whiff of drama, they would just drop him.  Their play against the Steelers was strong without him.

Now this...

I doubt the woke media is going to let this go.

I’m still confused on why someone should lose employment over allegations.

Im not a fan of Brown and even less of the Pats but allegations should not equal punishment.  

Metwo wo has gotten out of hand.  Anyone can say anything about this now and someone is supposed to lose their job?

I guess I’m in the minority now, I think everyone deserves their day in court before you rip their lives apart.

Edited by JinxedBill1