wiley16350

Josh Allen's Adjusted stats for week 1

On 9/10/2019 at 7:28 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

It's possible Allen saw the flag, and I'm not going to go back and review it. A bunch of people on the board have posted that the flag was thrown after the ball left his hand and others posted the opposite.  I really don't know.

I'm on the Josh Allen bandwagon. He's the guy. But this is fake news. Allen threw it well before the flag was out. He's gonna make these throws from time to time. He's Brett Favre 2.0. Gotta live with it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Singletary’s first big run came while Mosley was still in the game. 

So, the Mosley being hurt theory gets shot down.

Injuries happen all the time in the NFL and if it’s not a QB, it’s always next man up.

Again, I am not saying we would not have come back with Mosely in the game. But losing him hurt the Jets. No question about it.

On 9/10/2019 at 10:17 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

If you are going to not charge him with an INT that actually happened because it was a tipped pass, then you need to charge him for the INT that was his fault but called back for a penalty.  

And you might want to throw in the pass that was a horrible choice and worse throw, straight into the hands of the DB, who then dropped the ball.

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Again, I am not saying we would not have come back with Mosely in the game. But losing him hurt the Jets. No question about it.

It hurt them, but losing Mosley was not going to derail the Bills comeback. 

The Jets didn't lose their starting QB, so if they are the good team they say they are, the loss of Mosley should have been overcome by them.

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I'm on the Josh Allen bandwagon. He's the guy. But this is fake news. Allen threw it well before the flag was out. He's gonna make these throws from time to time. He's Brett Favre 2.0. Gotta live with it.

But he threw it after he saw his receiver (who I believe was his intended target) being interfered with. 

• Skeptical 1

On 9/11/2019 at 9:17 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

If you are going to not charge him with an INT that actually happened because it was a tipped pass, then you need to charge him for the INT that was his fault but called back for a penalty.  

And the one that hit Maye in his stone hands.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

But he threw it after he saw his receiver (who I believe was his intended target) being interfered with. 

Is this sarcasm?

On 9/11/2019 at 2:54 AM, GunnerBill said:

Mosely's impact was not overstated. There was a reason the run game popped as soon as he went out. Not saying we wouldn't have found a way back anyway.... who knows what would have happened.... but his loss was definitely felt by the Jets. 

The reason the run game popped was not having Gore run into the back of his linemen.  Singletary came in and bounced to gaps, which I have to believe were not the schemed ones based on the arm which he was carrying it in.

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

No. 

So, your serious answer is that a split second after recognizing possible pass interference, Josh Allen just tosses it up for grabs because of the potential for a free play.

Just hoping on a 50/50 chance that the yellow laundry gets thrown out.

Well, there's no reason he shouldn't do that multiple times a game, then.

For a myriad of could-be penalties.

You know...as he's dropping back...sees the the DT put his mitt into Mitch Morse's face...

"Oo! That's possible 'hands to the face'!!"

CHUCKS it into triple coverage!

Yeah, this totally makes sense.

5 hours ago, njbuff said:

It hurt them, but losing Mosley was not going to derail the Bills comeback. 

You actually don’t know that

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

And you might want to throw in the pass that was a horrible choice and worse throw, straight into the hands of the DB, who then dropped the ball.

Cover1 boys did a nice breakdown of this on the All 22 and it might make you feel better about it.  Josh looked to Beasley a little to long all the while Brown was uncovered.  Josh avoided a sack and found Brown a tad late but the throw was on target and the DB got in recovery mode and  managed to get there in time.  It would have been an easy TD for Brown.

Cover1 Josh Allen vs. Jets Game, Week 1

The play is at around the 38 minute mark.