Josh Allen's Adjusted stats for week 1

wiley16350

On 9/11/2019 at 9:17 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

If you are going to not charge him with an INT that actually happened because it was a tipped pass, then you need to charge him for the INT that was his fault but called back for a penalty.  

And the one that hit Maye in his stone hands.

On 9/11/2019 at 2:54 AM, GunnerBill said:

Mosely's impact was not overstated. There was a reason the run game popped as soon as he went out. Not saying we wouldn't have found a way back anyway.... who knows what would have happened.... but his loss was definitely felt by the Jets. 

The reason the run game popped was not having Gore run into the back of his linemen.  Singletary came in and bounced to gaps, which I have to believe were not the schemed ones based on the arm which he was carrying it in.

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

No. 

So, your serious answer is that a split second after recognizing possible pass interference, Josh Allen just tosses it up for grabs because of the potential for a free play.

Just hoping on a 50/50 chance that the yellow laundry gets thrown out.

Well, there's no reason he shouldn't do that multiple times a game, then.

For a myriad of could-be penalties.

You know...as he's dropping back...sees the the DT put his mitt into Mitch Morse's face...

"Oo! That's possible 'hands to the face'!!"

CHUCKS it into triple coverage!

Yeah, this totally makes sense.

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

And you might want to throw in the pass that was a horrible choice and worse throw, straight into the hands of the DB, who then dropped the ball.

Cover1 boys did a nice breakdown of this on the All 22 and it might make you feel better about it.  Josh looked to Beasley a little to long all the while Brown was uncovered.  Josh avoided a sack and found Brown a tad late but the throw was on target and the DB got in recovery mode and  managed to get there in time.  It would have been an easy TD for Brown.

Cover1 Josh Allen vs. Jets Game, Week 1

The play is at around the 38 minute mark.

• 4 weeks later...

I have finished all week 1 games and here is how Allen ranked with his performance against the Jets vs all other QB's in week 1 only.

Positive Play % = 11th

Total Adjusted Yards = 8th

Average per play = 13th

Scoring = 17th

Scoring % = tied for 17th

Turnovers = 25th

Turnover % = 25th

Total Effectiveness Rating = 20th

Completion % = 17th
Passing Yards = 16th
Passing Average = 19th
Passing TD's = Tied for 19th
Passing TD% = 25th

Interceptions = tied for 27th

Interception % = 30th

The turnovers obviously were the main reason for a lower rating.  His running ability put him in the top half for yards and average and just outside the top half in scoring.

I have also done the Bengals game and his numbers were similar to the Jets game.  I attached the Bengals game results to this post.

J.ALLEN-2019-WK-3.pdf

P.S.  My completion % isn't an accuracy %.  Accuracy influences it but throwing to covered receivers or not throwing to open receivers also affect it.

Edited by wiley16350

I have finished the chart for Allen's performance against the Giants.  He was really good in this game and there really isn't much you can complain about in this performance.  Sometimes it is obvious when he avoided a sack but other times he does get rid of the ball faster than people think to avoid a free rusher.  I had him down for avoiding 8 sacks.  He was under pressure nearly 35% of the time and that is around the threshold where QB's don't play that well and he had a great one.  I put some blame on him for 4 plays; 2 sacks and 2 passes.  For the 2 sacks, he got some blame because there were receivers available, although just a check down on the one.  He didn't get all the blame for the sacks because the line didn't do their part well enough to help him get through his progressions.  The worst one was when he had Beasley open crossing right in front of him but the timing of the pressure made it hard to say with certainty that he had time to get rid of the ball.  One of the passes was poor accuracy.  The other was a throw away caused by pressure where he had an available check down.  I didn't make him completely at fault for that because of the pressure but he could have gotten rid of it quicker to negate the pressure.  I think he deserved a 2nd TD pass on a throw to Zay Jones in the back of the end zone.  Jones had to dive for it but got both hands on the ball and the coverage dictated the throw to be more of a difficult catch.  Zones was the correct throw on that play as there was no better options. 

JA-2019-WK-2.pdf