AB accused for 3 instances of sexual assualt & rape against 1 woman. Lawsuit filed against him

Reed83HOF

Just now, Keukasmallies said:

Yet the attitudes toward women are under the same tent so to speak.  It's a continuum of sleaze, you can decide on placement for yourself.

i cant make that leap..i go to the Sundowner occasionally when in town for the game...does that make me and someone who sexually assaults a woman the same?

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

not a prayer of that happening on the NFL side. AB can make the whole thing go away with a financial settlement, no doubt. But NFL aint gunna be a part of that ..take that to the bank

Chances are you are correct on the league's actions but I would not put the probability at zero.  The Pats are still perceived as being in their SB window so it would be good for ratings if the Pats are unencumbered in their quest for another Lombardi Trophy.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, vincec said:

What time was that? Unfortunately, that's never been the case as far as I can think. It would be great if Brown were presumed innocent until proven guilty and also if the victim wasn't tried and slandered in the media, but neither of these things will happen.

Not a criminal case. Hes either liable or hes not liable. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Can’t stress this enough. Civil burden of proof is preponderance of evidence rather than “beyond reasonable doubt” so everyone here saying he’s “innocent until proven guilty” are a little ahead of the game. You also have to consider the “statute of limitations” (the time in which you must commence a civil action). Not sure what FL’s SOL is for intentional tort, but in NY you must commence action within one year after the alleged assault. So I can see her commencing the lawsuit now to preserve her right to a civil judgment. The “statute of limitations” for the criminal charge of rape is much longer than one year. Don’t be surprised when the FL authorities investigate from a criminal standpoint. As we saw with Tyreek Hill, they can open and re-open criminal investigations if evidence is uncovered. 

Thanks, I hadn't even considered statute of limitations. I had considered asking my sister (who is a prosecutor and married to a judge) for their take on it but didn't get around to it.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The league is  investigating currently per the statement from the team. Because there isn’t a criminal suit pending , they don’t need to wait. Also, the accuser said she will cooperate fully with the nfl which should help the investigation because the nfl can’t subpeona non players or non nfl employees. 

That’s why the Nfl does an investigation 

Not by Roger’s standards. Zeke was never charged with anything. 6 games. 

There is no criminal charges because the alledged victim didnt go to the police and file a report. Of course she understands making a false police report can lead to some consequenses. Where as going down this road their is no repercussion for making a bogus claim. 

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Chances are you are correct on the league's actions but I would not put the probability at zero.  The Pats are still perceived as being in their SB window so it would be good for ratings if the Pats are unencumbered in their quest for another Lombardi Trophy.

I don’t think this matters at all with ratings. It may even be negative  for ratings, if anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Thanks, I hadn't even considered statute of limitations. I had considered asking my sister (who is a prosecutor and married to a judge) for their take on it but didn't get around to it.

damn, would not  want to the defendant when they in the same courtroom

Edited by plenzmd1

11 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I have two daughters.  I hear what happens to some of their friends.  Not to the extent claimed in the AB case but I side on the womens’ side until proven wrong.

The league has to look into this, as do the authorities.  And we’ll see what happens.

We all have female relatives and having them doesn't change the fact that there are still two types of women: victims and victimizers. 

Just as you hear stories of what happens to your daughters' friends, I've heard of stories involving manipulation at the hands of females that either did or could have resulted in severe punishment for the guy involved with her.

AB is a rather flamboyant personality, he's no saint, but that doesn't blur the picture for me; too many times a halo gets placed over the heads of horned figures, on the strength of being female.

I'm not going for it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think this matters at all with ratings. It may even be negative  for ratings, if anything. 

It will only be negative if there are clear cut facts to be put out in the open.  This will stay at "he said, she said" as it is improbable any real evidence is sitting at the ready to be used.  Did this woman go to a police station and let them go through the routine as far as examination of a raped woman goes?  Probably not.

1 hour ago, 5 Wide said:

Patrick Chung is going through the legal process with Cocaine possession.... the Kraft Prostitution thing.... the shine has to start to come off the Patriot way sooner or later.

24 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

paying for handy is a whole nother world from sexual assault and rape

Exactly Kraft probably be like "Dude just give her money"

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

It will only be negative if there are clear cut facts to be put out in the open.  This will stay at "he said, she said" as it is improbable any real evidence is sitting at the ready to be used.  Did this woman go to a police station and let them go through the routine as far as examination of a raped woman goes?  Probably not.

Negative in terms of outside of patriot nation, it may not help ratings if the Pats appear to have an unencumbered road to the SB again. There is a ton of patriot fatigue and people are bored with that. I’m way more likely to tune in for Browns-Texans on a Sunday, for example, than Pats vs almost anyone 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

We all have female relatives and having them doesn't change the fact that there are still two types of women: victims and victimizers. 

Just as you hear stories of what happens to your daughters' friends, I've heard of stories involving manipulation at the hands of females that either did or could have resulted in severe punishment for the guy involved with her.

AB is a rather flamboyant personality, he's no saint, but that doesn't blur the picture for me; too many times a halo gets placed over the heads of horned figures, on the strength of being female.

I'm not going for it. 

I do think rich athletes especially have target on their back for manipulation, but lots of them also have been taught from high school the rules dont apply to them. Hard to know what is happening in any paritcular case i think unless more facts come out.

7 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Think this is where some attitudes are changing. Many women are not in the emotional state to be thinking clearly right after thus act of violence has been perpetrated upon them..and people are more understanding of that now. Having said that, how do you then prove any sex occurred, let alone whether it was consensual. Tough calls all the way around.

I mean look at all the church stuff now..i know my friend was assaulted by a priest and never reported it, and yet it happened and he just recieved payment and the priest is no longer working

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I'm not going for it. 

Then don't.  I think something bad happened, but we'll have to wait and see what the investigations tell us. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I do think rich athletes especially have target on their back for manipulation, but lots of them also have been taught from high school the rules dont apply to them. Hard to know what is happening in any paritcular case i think unless more facts come out.

Think this is where some attitudes are changing. Many women are not in the emotional state to be thinking clearly right after thus act of violence has been perpetrated upon them..and people are more understanding of that now. Having said that, how do you then prove any sex occurred, let alone whether it was consensual. Tough calls all the way around

Wasn't she the one with the target on her back ? ;)