AB accused for 3 instances of sexual assualt & rape against 1 woman. Lawsuit filed against him

Reed83HOF

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

6 games, he appealed it down to 4 I think

42 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Didn't been get zippo?  

LeSean McCoy got no punishment when he was sued. Of course those allegations were not sexual assault, but they were still quite serious if true. I think the NFL will make a subjective decision on credibility and PR damage before they take action.

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If you place him on an exempt list you are precluding him from playing. That is a rush to judgment. In my view it is still too early in the process after the accusation to take an action. 

shield is more important than anything else. Those emails are enough to at least lend some credence the  accusations. AB is still paid, but gives the NFL some time to interview the accuser and any associates. 

Not sure what it portends, but the flagship program for the league has not reported this story ar all..that is really weird

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

LeSean McCoy got no punishment when he was sued. Of course those allegations were not sexual assault, but they were still quite serious if true. I think the NFL will make a subjective decision on credibility and PR damage before they take action.

They investigated both. McCoy got nothing and Ben got 6 games before appeal. They must not have found anything with McCoy to tie him to the accusations. It’s not arbitrary. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They investigated both. McCoy got nothing and Ben got 6 games before appeal. They must not have found anything with McCoy to tie him to the accusations. It’s not arbitrary. 

So, they will likely investigate the AB allegations before taking action. The level of evidence is not yet clear, although one presumes it is not enough for criminal charges.

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

So, they will likely investigate the AB allegations before taking action. The level of evidence is not yet clear, although one presumes it is not enough for criminal charges.

They will investigate and determine whether to put him on the exempt list first. The accuser said she intends to cooperate with the NFL, which is typically the biggest hurdle because they aren’t allowed to subpoena her. 

11 hours ago, Limeaid said:

What I cannot understand if these occurred in different states / times how anyone raped would allow themselves to be along with raper again.

This. 

If it is so traumatic, and one is on notice of sexual assault proclivity, why in the world, is this accuser then putting herself in that position continuously?

Weak suit.

48 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If you place him on an exempt list you are precluding him from playing. That is a rush to judgment. In my view it is still too early in the process after the accusation to take an action. 

Yeah, I dislike AB but everybody deserves to have to facts looked at before it impacts their livelihood. 

There is plenty of time for an investigation and still suspend him this year if the facts warrant it. 

• Like (+1) 1

This seems pretty believable, if only because it follows the same exact pattern as Brown's actions with the Raiders:

1. Act like an ***hole
  2. Issue a (supposedly) heartfelt apology
  3. Act like an even bigger ***hole

Add in the fact that Brown is a complete douchebag who doesn't think the rules apply to him, and it's really hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Buffalo86 said:

This seems pretty believable, if only because it follows the same exact pattern as Brown's actions with the Raiders:

1. Act like an ***hole
  2. Issue a (supposedly) heartfelt apology
  3. Act like an even bigger ***hole

Add in the fact that Brown is a complete douchebag who doesn't think the rules apply to him, and it's really hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He has a pattern of narcissistic behavior consistent with a rapist. No, I’m not saying he’s guilty. 

• Like (+1) 3