AB accused for 3 instances of sexual assualt & rape against 1 woman. Lawsuit filed against him

Reed83HOF

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

Ok well let me rephrase. When has a celeb on the level of Antonio Brown been accused of rape and it didn't become public knowledge until well after? People are saying that we arent sure if she did file a criminal complaint or not. My point is if she had filed a criminal complaint, we would have already heard about it.

I'll try to think of one while I'm eating this delicious box of Jello pudding pops.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

One for about the "if she had hard evidence, he would be charged with a crime, suspicious she is suing him instead" crowd.

Civil and criminal courts are TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS with different standards of evidence.  Have you all forgotten Deflategate already, and the term "preponderance of evidence"?  She might just have evidence that is GOOD ENOUGH for civil court, but not good enough for a criminal charge.  So it's not automatically suspicious or a "cash grab" that she is suing him instead of this being in a criminal proceeding.  I'm sure if she had the "smoking gun", there would be charges instead.

Can’t stress this enough. Civil burden of proof is preponderance of evidence rather than “beyond reasonable doubt” so everyone here saying he’s “innocent until proven guilty” are a little ahead of the game. You also have to consider the “statute of limitations” (the time in which you must commence a civil action). Not sure what FL’s SOL is for intentional tort, but in NY you must commence action within one year after the alleged assault. So I can see her commencing the lawsuit now to preserve her right to a civil judgment. The “statute of limitations” for the criminal charge of rape is much longer than one year. Don’t be surprised when the FL authorities investigate from a criminal standpoint. As we saw with Tyreek Hill, they can open and re-open criminal investigations if evidence is uncovered. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

quick point here..this is a civil suit and not criminal as of now..preponderance of the evidence vs beyond a reasonable doubt

Not really a guilt thing, ask OJ

Gotcha. I’m just not a fan of the whole if she says it happens then he loses his job, reputation, etc. automatically. 

I know its AB and he’s an assclown but still.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, MJS said:

Interesting. Is there evidence enough for him to be placed on the commissioner's exempt list?

The league is  investigating currently per the statement from the team. Because there isn’t a criminal suit pending , they don’t need to wait. Also, the accuser said she will cooperate fully with the nfl which should help the investigation because the nfl can’t subpeona non players or non nfl employees. 

1 minute ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Gotcha. I’m just not a fan of the whole if she says it happens then he loses his job, reputation, etc. automatically. 

That’s why the Nfl does an investigation 

55 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Regardless of his past, he is still innocent until proven guilty. 

Not by Roger’s standards. Zeke was never charged with anything. 6 games. 

5 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I think I read somewhere (in AB’s eloquent email/text to the woman) that he masturbated to completion on her back while she watched tv. And he laughed about it. That’s a “she said/he agreed”. I don’t see anything wrong with suing his ass. As for his reputation....he should think twice before clicking “send” because those are his own words. 

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

I think I read somewhere (in AB’s eloquent email/text to the woman) that he masturbated to completion on her back while she watched tv. And he laughed about it. That’s a “she said/he agreed”. I don’t see anything wrong with suing his ass. As for his reputation....he should think twice before clicking “send” because those are his own words. 

Technically they weren't actually words.

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not Suspension.  Commissioner's Exempt List.  Different.  I have never advocated SUSPENDING him, that would require a rush to judgement.

If you place him on an exempt list you are precluding him from playing. That is a rush to judgment. In my view it is still too early in the process after the accusation to take an action. 

4 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

When’s the last time you heard or read a white athlete, or any white guy, called a thug? What about that guy that dove into the back of Josh Allen’s knees the other day? Did you hear or see anyone call him a “thug?” Do get lost.

I've used It a lot and so have some of my friends regarding white people. There are plenty of white thugs out there. What would you say if you saw a white guy robbing an old lady? I better go stop that misbehaving caucasian fella?

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 1