AB accused for 3 instances of sexual assualt & rape against 1 woman. Lawsuit filed against him

Reed83HOF

Who knows how much he would pay her to train him.  10, 20, 30, 40 grand for a few months?  More women than you know would deal with a mildly creepy guy they known for awhile if they paid them.  It's easy to say extortion.  It's easy to say hes a scum bag. 

For women civil makes more sense.  Hell convicted racist routinely get a year or less.  The level off proof is less.  If you win you get vindicated and money.  For an Ego that is AB, social black balling would be a larger punishment than any jail time.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

how about an answer?  I don't get the paper anymore this century.

How about stopping being a douche?  It is 100% obvious you know what he is talking about and 100% obvious that you disagree.  Just man up and do your disagreeing or ignore it.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

True, but the seed is planted. Even though you tell a jury to disregard a statement, it will always be in their minds! 

Sounds like the seed was planted on her neck. And if he cleverly snuck up on her, johnson in hand, how is that consensual? Betcha it's all fist bumps instead of high fives in NE from now on.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GoFlamesGo said:

The Chung thing is bizarre, wonder if it has something to do with CBA negotiations coming up. The issue here is that AB is so much more high profile, and has behaved so poorly on his prior team that suspension was warranted even from that. He already is walking on as thin ice as you can imagine.

If his text messages are real, even if the rape didn't happen, he did admit to ejaculating on the woman's back (without consent obviously). She wasn't his girlfriend or wife (even then it's on the border of assault). That act/admission alone probably is on par or worse arguable than things like guys like Matt Lauer or Azeez Ansari did, both of whom suffered severe professional consequences. This is the "me too" era/movement for a  reason, this type of behavior is simply NOT OK and cannot be tolerated under any circumstances, money grab or not.

The question is whether his texts can quickly be verified, and whether the league thinks that this misconduct warrants being exempt. Remember, Adrian Peterson lost a season immediately without any trial or judge/jury.

Oddly you say it’s obvious there was no consent but also only call it on the border of assault.

without consent it’s very clearly a crime however we don’t know what happened, at least yet. 

9 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

Would you wait until he punched you in the face in 3 separate incidents?

Speaking for myself, no.  I'd be outta there for good after the first incident.   But...and this is inexplicable to me....I know so many women who goes back to the same @#$% guy after he treats her like crap, not just in romance but housing, jobs, whatever.  I think they're trained for it, "keep sweet" "be nice" "don't hurt his feelings"   Guys do it too, though it seems less common in guys (maybe I'm wrong on that last).

20 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Do you drive an expensive car?....

Does he attend high level business meetings?

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Absolutely crazy.  Clearly if true I have nothing but sympathy for the women.  Innocent until proven guilty.  However, if guilty holy ***** what a mess AB is. 

Do we know when the actual lawsuit was filed?  I’m guessing that it takes work to put together a claim, so it had to have been in the works for weeks?

Its just odd that this comes out at the moment when everyone is talking about Brown. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

It is ridiculous how people act like women don't lie (Duke Lacrosse Case), but from what I have read my gut says she is telling the truth.  We'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

How about stopping being a douche?  It is 100% obvious you know what he is talking about and 100% obvious that you disagree.  Just man up and do your disagreeing or ignore it.  

Wait, you're telling someone to "man up" and answer, while you're telling them "read a paper" instead of answering? 

Can anyone bring a new irony meter?  I think mine just broke.  Take your own advice, how bout

4 minutes ago, Chill said:

Maybe Kraft will hook AB up with his lawyer...

hook up?  hook up?  I see what you did there....?

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Do we know when the actual lawsuit was filed?  I’m guessing that it takes work to put together a claim, so it had to have been in the works for weeks?

Its just odd that this comes out at the moment when everyone is talking about Brown. 

I'd like to know that too. Also was a criminal complaint ever filed?

Too many unknowns right now to pass judgement either way.

21 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Why sanction a player until there is more evidence regarding the matter? Why rush to judgment as you are advocating with putting him on a suspension status. 

Not Suspension.  Commissioner's Exempt List.  Different.  I have never advocated SUSPENDING him, that would require a rush to judgement.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
11 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

FIFY

Yes, I realize people all people lie, but in this specific case we are talking about women lying about being raped.  And yes I could be wrong about my gut but I don't need you trying to police the way I think.  

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not Suspension.  Commissioner's Exempt List.  Different.  I have never advocated SUSPENDING him, that would require a rush to judgement.

I hereby charge Tom Brady and Bill Bellicheck of raping me....put them on the list now. I also will be out of the country until the end of the season. Go Bills!

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chill said:

The media is opinion based and not fact based. I need facts to form an opinion. 

My opinion on this case is the same, let the facts come out before judging a persons character. 

Not inconsistent at all. 

My judgement on AB's character comes from his social media and documented behavior - facts that have come out. 

But fair enough on needing facts in both instances!  Peace.

• Like (+1) 1