AB accused for 3 instances of sexual assualt & rape against 1 woman. Lawsuit filed against him

Reed83HOF

This will be a very difficult case to win. He said/she said unless she has some physical proof outside of the text messages. I have zero respect for the guy and it’s an embarrassment to our society that a guy like him makes millions to play football but can’t even write a coherent sentence. Really makes you question where he would be if he couldn’t catch a football. Obviously no one will associate the word character or role model to AB!

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I guess. Fair enough. And I'm not saying it isn't extortion. One of them is flat lying in an enormous way. He admits to the relationship. She says he forced her physically and seriously raped her. That is a serious charge. Who knows which is closer to the truth.

Yeah, I'm not dismissing the possibility that the charges are legit, but one of my first reactions was skepticism.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I’m not quite sure what you mean by this......do you think she waited u til he was cut by the Raiders, when he had 30 million guaranteed, and waited until he signed with the Patriots, where he has much less guaranteed?

Is that what you mean?

Yes, I was referring to that, and the fact that sometimes alleged victims look to cash in. In Brown's case it would be money and fame. The timing!

Edited by Rocket94

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

This will be a very difficult case to win. He said/she said unless she has some physical proof outside of the text messages. I have zero respect for the guy and it’s an embarrassment to our society that a guy like him makes millions to play football but can’t even write a coherent sentence. Really makes you question where he would be if he couldn’t catch a football. Obviously no one will associate the word character or role model to AB!

Prison

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t get if he is defending AB by saying he has a moral attorney or...?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing any rape victim who goes the lawsuit route before even filing a criminal complaint. Way too many gold diggers target athletes with hidden agendas to just believe any random chick who files a lawsuit. An email with him saying he bust on her back means nothing. They were clearly in a sexual relationship and she was sleep at his house. 99% of us could have been accused of touching a sleeping woman in their bed at some point.

Some of you quick to accept such an accusation just cause you don't want a guy to play football sicken me. If AB was a Bill and had a clean off season you same people would actually use common sense and not jump to conclusions. All the stuff AB has done or been accused of in the past is real jerky stuff but nothing says "hmmm he may be a rapist."

I have been falsely accused of criminal acts (not sexual crimes) that I was 10000% innocent of all cause someone was jealous their girlfriend left them for me. I was no saint but I was completely innocent of the accusations so as a former victim of this type of thing it disgusts me when so many people can accept another's word when ulterior motives are clearly visible.

Edited by StHustle
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

According to the lawsuit, there were text messages which she kept.  If there are text messages or other evidence, the NFL really should (to be just) "Exempt List" him and open an investigation.

A criminal case requires a prosecutor to file charges, and works to a standard "beyond a reasonable doubt"

A civil case, even if there is evidence, can be filed by the accuser and works to a standard "more likely than not"

Mind you I'm not saying it's a good case or justified, just that there's no reason to put it as "her story vs his" or "no hard evidence" until more is known, just because it went to civil court. 

If there was hard evidence in text messages this would be headed to criminal court. That's my suspicion. Of course I'm not saying he didn't do anything. Somebody is boldface lying, there's no possible middle ground here.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing any rap victim who goes the lawsuit route. Way too many gold diggers target athletes with hidden agendas to just believe any random chick who files a lawsuit. An email with him saying he bust on her back means nothing. They we're clearly in a sexual relationship.

Some of you quick to accept such an accusation just cause you don't want a guy to play football sicken me. If AB was a Bill and had a clean off season you same people would actually use common sense and not jump to conclusions. All the stuff AB has done or been accused of in the past is real jerky stuff but nothing says "hmmm may be a rapist."

I have been falsely accused of criminal acts (not sexual crimes) that I was 10000% innocent of all cause someone was jealous their girlfriend left them for me. I was no saint but I was completely innocent of the accusations so as a former victim of this type of thing it disgusts me when so many people can accept another's word when alterior motives are clearly visible.

I don't know what happened either way but how are "alterior motives... clearly visible" here?

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'll turn it around... why does it shock you?

It's not exactly unheard of for famous, entitled, narcissistic male athletes to feel entitled to do whatever they wish, with whatever woman they wish.

Many famous athletes are entitled and narcissistic.  I think a human brain has to wired differently to make a person commit violent crimes, be it murder, rape or sexual assault.  I think that "bad wiring," goes beyond a sense of entitlement and narcissism.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That's understandable because you have a unique personal perspective, but I'd love to go back to a time when the accused were presumed innocent until proven guilty. That's kind of the American way; or it's supposed to be.

If you separate the way you feel about AB from the details here, you just might find yourself on the skeptical side. We'll see what happens.

I believe I said we need to see what happens with the investigations, correct?  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I don't know what happened either way but how are "alterior motives... clearly visible" here?

Ulterior motives...you know what I mean. Because the guy is rich and she opted to go straight got a lawsuit before even filing a criminal complaint. Come on use your head here.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

AB is not what?  Famous?  Entitled?  Narcissistic?

The first is beyond doubt.  The second and third are strongly indicated by multiple reports of his behavior with the Steelers and with Oakland and by his social media.

Let’s get the facts before we judge a persons character by what the media reports. 

We all know how the media behaves for clicks and ratings. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing any rap victim who goes the lawsuit route. Way too many gold diggers target athletes with hidden agendas to just believe any random chick who files a lawsuit. An email with him saying he bust on her back means nothing. They we're clearly in a sexual relationship.

Some of you quick to accept such an accusation just cause you don't want a guy to play football sicken me. If AB was a Bill and had a clean off season you same people would actually use common sense and not jump to conclusions. All the stuff AB has done or been accused of in the past is real jerky stuff but nothing says "hmmm may be a rapist."

I have been falsely accused of criminal acts (not sexual crimes) that I was 10000% innocent of all cause someone was jealous their girlfriend left them for me. I was no saint but I was completely innocent of the accusations so as a former victim of this type of thing it disgusts me when so many people can accept another's word when alterior motives are clearly visible.

Your take on things is just, if not more so, disgusting than those you are chastising.

5 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

https://dailysnark.com/leaked-direct-messages-suggest-antonio-brown-is-being-extorted-with-fake-sexual-assault-claim/

My girlfriend found this. Never heard of daily snark but seems appropriate to share.

Most of those sentences sound like real sentences so we know AB didn’t write those.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4