AB accused for 3 instances of sexual assualt & rape against 1 woman. Lawsuit filed against him

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

The turmoil surrounding him was less when he got the 30M than it is now.

I'm not saying he did or didn't do it, just that the timing raises an eyebrow for me.

I guess. Fair enough. And I'm not saying it isn't extortion. One of them is flat lying in an enormous way. He admits to the relationship. She says he forced her physically and seriously raped her. That is a serious charge. Who knows which is closer to the truth.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'll turn it around... why does it shock you?

It's not exactly unheard of for famous, entitled, narcissistic male athletes to feel entitled to do whatever they wish, with whatever woman they wish.

Which AB is not. Let’s not smear him even more without the facts. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This case will never see a jury. I suspect they filed it in civil court because they know there isn't any hard evidence. It is her story versus his. Which means it will be a big media story for a few days before blowing over. The only thing that would change that is if another woman came forward.

According to the lawsuit, there were text messages which she kept.  If there are text messages or other evidence, the NFL really should (to be just) "Exempt List" him and open an investigation.

A criminal case requires a prosecutor to file charges, and works to a standard "beyond a reasonable doubt"

A civil case, even if there is evidence, can be filed by the accuser and works to a standard "more likely than not"

Mind you I'm not saying it's a good case or justified, just that there's no reason to put it as "her story vs his" or "no hard evidence" until more is known, just because it went to civil court. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I have two daughters.  I hear what happens to some of their friends.  Not to the extent claimed in the AB case but I side on the womens’ side until proven wrong.

The league has to look into this, as do the authorities.  And we’ll see what happens.

That's understandable because you have a unique personal perspective, but I'd love to go back to a time when the accused were presumed innocent until proven guilty. That's kind of the American way; or it's supposed to be.

If you separate the way you feel about AB from the details here, you just might find yourself on the skeptical side. We'll see what happens.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This case will never see a jury. I suspect they filed it in civil court because they know there isn't any hard evidence. It is her story versus his. Which means it will be a big media story for a few days before blowing over. The only thing that would change that is if another woman came forward.

Agreed and well said. Secondly, what I was also suggesting was regardless of any outcome, the alleged act would still be on the minds of the general public...some people would still assume, or be inclined to think he did something wrong anyway.

Edited by Rocket94

36 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

There should be a severe penalty in place for women who lie about this type of thing.

I'm inclined to not believe women accusers of rape in this day and time.

It’s really not easy to put your name out there as a female. Especially in a high profile case like this. I don’t see why he would get the benefit of the doubt. The only two people who know what happened are him and her. I don’t know her. I do know a lot about him. I don’t know what happened. But no way am “not inclined to believe her” because she’s a female accuser.

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Not speaking for anyone else, but the timing of the suit strikes me as opportunistic.

Yes. After all, look at all the fame, fortune, accolades and easy living that comes to women who bring sexual assault accusations against prominent men. 

Edited by jimmy10
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

That's understandable because you have a unique personal perspective, but I'd love to go back to a time when the accused were presumed innocent until proven guilty. That's kind of the American way; or it's supposed to be.

If you separate the way you feel about AB from the details here, you just might find yourself on the skeptical side. We'll see what happens.

The innocent before proven guilty thing is not really the American way, it is the American legal system and court way. People have opinions about guilt or non-guilt since the beginning of American history outside of court.

• Like (+1) 2